Monday, April 4, 2011

{weekend recap}

How is it Monday already?! Another weekend has gone by too fast yet again.

Friday: a pretty low key night. Came home from work and took Harley for a walk and then spent the night hanging out. I watched The Fighter, which was pretty good. I thought there was going to be a lot more boxing in it, but it was interesting how they incorporated the brother’s story into it.

Saturday: I went to the gym in the morning to run my scheduled 8k as it was snowing so hard! Boo to snow! The past week had been so nice out that the grass was showing in our backyard. Definitely not after the dumping we got on Saturday!  The rest of the day was spent taking Harley for a walk and waiting for Mr.D to get home. I didn’t mention it on the blog in case someone wanted to come scare me, haha. Mr.D went to Moab, Utah to go biking and bouldering with one of his co-workers. He had quite the time, but I was more than ready for him to be home Smile 

Sunday: spent the morning lazing around and working up the motivation to go to the gym to swim. I finally got myself out of my pjs and swam 1250 meters. I am slowly getting faster, which feels great! We had puppy classes in the afternoon and then we went out for dinner.

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


8 comments :

  1. Minus the horrible race, I had a great weekend! I did some sight seeing in DC on Saturday which was awesome. Sunday was the race and that evening we went to dinner w/ some other bloggers. So all in all, a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I heard about your guys snow, that REALLY sucks :( I hope it doesn't come this way :P

    I need to start swimming again! Since I canceled my gym membership I have only been running and doing yoga. I think that swimming would be a nice compliment to my routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally saw Black Swan! I think this is a win for my weekend since I've wanted to see it since I saw the trailer for it 6 months before it came out.
    Thanks for the recommendations, btw! :-) Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your hubby is back safe! I think all the snow will melt this week and hopefully we won't get anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love your movie reviews!!

    Glad to hear your hubby had a good trip! I hear Moab is amazing for mountain biking!

    Were you stuck shovelling the driveway too? Talk about a good upper body workout!

    That's great that you are getting faster swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got so much snow!! I know it happens every april...and sometimes may.. but im always still shocked!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your hubby is back safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow?!?! Ack!!! I need spring. Although, of course, as I say that I am all doped up on allergy meds because I am so sniffly, haha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...