Monday, April 18, 2011

{weekend recap}

Happy Monday everyone! This is the last time I will complain, but enough with the snow already Alberta! Friday afternoon was sunny and relatively warm out, and then it started snowing that night and didn’t stop all weekend. I am so ready for spring!

{friday} I had the day off, but I was up early to take Harley to the vets for his manhood removal surgery. He was there for most of the day, so I had the day to myself. I lounged around and got the motivation to go for a run. Mr.D and I picked up Harley in the afternoon from the vet and he was totally himself! We both expected him to be out of it or really sleepy, but he was totally fine. Maybe a little tired, but overall he was himself. He definitely does not like the cone at all!
IMG_0200
Poor Harley!

Later that night, one of Mr.D’s friends was in town and staying with us, so he came over and we just spent the night hanging out and catching up.

{saturday} Friday night was a little rough for us sleeping as every time that Harley moved with the cone on his head, he hit something and woke us up. Let’s just say that we were moving pretty slow on Saturday morning and I was in pj’s until 1pm. It was glorious! We had a bite to eat with Mr.D’s friend before he left town and then just spent the rest of the day hanging out.

{sunday} I went to the gym in the morning as it was still snowing and yucky out and I really didn’t want to run in that. I also tried the Insanity work outs that Alison has talked about before. I did the ab one and it hurt!  Harley had his last puppy class later that day and he passed Smile Still lots to work on, but we definitely see improvements with him.

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


12 comments :

  1. Awww, Harley looks so cute with the cone. Too bad he doesn't like it.
    I ate and drank ALL weekend. I am SO glad to be back on my normal schedule today. I need a workout stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww what a cutie Harley is- poor guy though! We are getting snow here in Michigan today so I'm ready for spring too! I ran in the rain on Saturday before the snow came, otherwise I would have been on the dreadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Harley is ok. :) I love lazy mornings. SO fun that you tried Insanity. Yeah the ab ones are good! Try a full cardio one!!! Not on a running day though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cute Harley! Rudy hated the cone too, but then we started giving him treats whenever we put it on him, and now if he sees the cone he gets all excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It snowed here this weekend too but the snow didn't stick to the ground. Thank god!

    Poor Harley - he looks so cute with his cone on :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, sweet Harley!! Haha.

    Ugh, I'm sorry you had crappy weather. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Harley!! Boys usually have an easier time with the surgery than girls. He should be 100% better soon. How long does he have to have the cone on for? Yay for puppy school graduation!

    I am not going to stop complaining about this weather until the snow goes away and spring actually comes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor poor Harley! Hope he heals up quickly! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad the surgery went well for Harley! Sounds like a great weekend (besides the sleepless night!).

    My weekend was great. I volunteered on sat, studied, went out for wings with friends, and then on Sunday I bbq'd at my brothers! Got a good amount of studying done, but also some fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lazy days are ok! I know I'll definitely be having a lazy day next weekend, since this weekend was so busy!

    Glad to hear Harley is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw my doggie had to go through that as well! poor baby. Hope your Harley gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that cone! oh my word... poor pup.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...