Tuesday, April 26, 2011

{weekend recap}

Happy Tuesday everyone! Love that it's a four day week, but not that I had to leave my family already :( I was a bad blogger this weekend and barely took any pictures!

Friday was spent travelling to my home town in Ontario. I arrived around 6pm and went out for dinner with my mom and brother. Nothing too exciting, but travelling always tires me out!

Saturday morning my mom and I were up bright and early and headed down to the States as it's 2 hours away to do some shopping. We both definitely got our fix at Target! I didn't buy as much as as I thought I would, but still came home with a bunch of good finds :) The line up at the border was awesome both way, maybe 10-20 minute wait. We thought it was going to be crazy busy because of the dollar and the long weekend. On the way home, we made a pit stop to see good friends and her baby that I had yet to meet. He was such a sweetheart and I wanted to steal him! Later that night, I met up with a friend that I've known since kindergarten and caught up over drinks. It was nice to see her and catch up on our lives.

Sunday I was up early to get my 12k run in before the business of the day. We had brunch at my mom's house and then went for a walk around my mom's small town as it was a gorgeous day out!
































After the walk, I headed over to my dad's house to have dinner with him and other family members. It was nice being able to see everyone as I hadn't seen them since the wedding.

Monday was spent just hanging out with my mom as I had to head to the airport later in the afternoon. The weekend went by wayy too fast and I wish it could have lasted longer. I miss being home :(














How was your Easter weekend? What were you up to?

13 comments :

  1. HOOOORAY for Wellesley!!! lol ;)

    I hope that you flew into Kitchener airport? Everytime I have went to Calgary I flew in and out of Kitchener... I don't think I will ever do Toronto again!

    I had a pretty decent weekend... got a lot done around the house... even got in a little car accident! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I want to hear all about your Target finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice, relaxing family weekend!! Good job for fitting in that run too! I haven't been to Target in almost a week, and I'm having withdrawals, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I bet you miss being home. I miss it too! But look at all the fun family time you got!!

    Also, I think we should head for a shopping trip in the states from here! It's just a bit longer of a drive but wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a great weekend! i love target, or the bulls eye boutique as i lovingly call it ;) and props to you for getting up early to run a 12K!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, sounds like you had a great weekend. :)
    Go you for getting in a 12k run! You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good weekend visiting your family! It always goes by too short but you can bet this short week is going to drag on!

    I can't wait for Tar-jay to come to Canada! Snaps to you for doing your run while on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH fun! Sounds like a great weekend! I love weekends at home, but they go way too fast.

    I had a wonderful weekend, too. All of my siblings were home, which was awesome! Time flew by, but I knw it would!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looove Target!! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss Ontario too! At least you got to spend some time there, any time is good time :) I'm glad you had a good weekend with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Leigh, I just found you this morning through Jessica's Heart on Homestead. I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm actually just about to get married in just 10 days!! AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pic of you and your mom! You two look alike. :-) Sounds like you had fun. Now take pics and model those new clothes you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of a cheese festival :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...