Friday, May 27, 2011

{happy friday}

Happy Friday everyone! I was supposed to be off today, but decided to Monday off instead to relax and hopefully rest my legs.

This weekend, I am:

  • going to the race expo on Saturday and then out for lunch to the Olive Garden for a big bowl of pasta! I don’t know who is more excited, Mr.D or I?
  • running my first half marathon on Sunday! I am definitely excited, but nervous at the same time
  • Might I say wearing my deserved medal around on Sunday?!

On a really random note, when I was picking Harley up from doggie day care on Wednesday, the lady working was asking when Harley was born and where we got him from. Turns out, that a new puppy had come in and one of the girls recognized the birth date and place and linked Harley and the other dog together. I left my email address and the lady emailed me tonight. She sent me pictures of her puppy and they look EXACTLY the same! She actually lives in the community next to ours, so we plan on getting the dogs together. Small world hey?

IMG_0148IMG_0052
The other dog on the left and Harley on the right

What do you have planned for the weekend? Have you ever had a ‘small world’ experience?


10 comments :

  1. Aw Harley had a sister! How fun!!

    Good luck for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for the race on Sunday! Forecast is looking better and better!!

    I am so going to wear my medal around on Sunday! Maybe Monday also...

    Wow that is a small world! Harley's sibling is so cute, just like Harley! We have "small world" experiences all the time- my mother in law met one of our running buddies at a bridal shower a couple weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww such cute puppies!

    Definitely have had a few small world experiences. Once while getting food from the cafeteria on base when i was in the military I saw a girl I had gone to high school with! I mean of all the places to be stationed.... such a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had SO MANY "small world" experiences before it's really quite ridiculous. It really is a very small world!

    You're going to ROCK your half-marathon. Can we track you online somehow??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pic of Harley! Have an excellent weekend, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the reading all about your half! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun that Harley has a sister :)

    run hard this weekend - i know you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Carb loading is a great thing. :) One of my fave parts about running, actually. ;)

    I have had small world experiences... A couple of weeks ago, I was at a charity luncheon and the woman that sat next to me knew my dad's cousin. Pretty random!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck on Sunday. I went to get my race package tonight and had to stand in line for a crazy amount of time. Just for the half marathoners. Line up was out the door.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...