Sunday, May 29, 2011

Race day update

I just wanted to quickly say that I survived my first half marathon and actually enjoyed it! Still waiting on my final chip time, but I am pretty sure it was around 2 hours, which I am SUPER happy about! And there was no puking at the finish line. Definitely a successful race Smile

Thank you again to everyone who sent me emails, text messages, blog shout outs or Facebook messages to wish me luck and congratulate me on my finish. It honestly means the world to me!

Best part of finishing a race? Definitely the medal!


6 comments :

  1. Good work Leigh! I knew you could do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again... You did amazing!! The medal is pretty awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 hours! that is a great time!!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I knew you would do well! Can't wait to hear what your time was. SOunds like you ran a really strong race, though! My first 1/2 I ran in 2:17 I think? So being close to 2 is awesome. My PR is 2:04 - so we def run at a sijmilar pace. Which is good for when we do Victoria! If you are able to, of couse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are such an inspiration, so proud of you girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...