Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Training Tuesday & Month Totals

I can’t believe that it’s already May and that I am at under 30 days until my first half!

Month total: April 2011

Number of rest days: 6
Number of running days: 16
Total kilometers ran:
122.2
Cross-training
Biking: 70 minutes
Swimming: 35 minutes, 1250 meters
Walking with Harley: 49.7 kilometers
Other: 80 minutes, 30 day shred
60 minutes, Insanity

***************************************************

Week Eight

Total kilometers
33

Cross-training
Swimming: 0
Biking: 30 minutes
Insanity: 0

Other
Walking: 6 kilometers

Thoughts
Overall, this weeks runs went really well. There were a few windy runs, but no snow or rain so I will take it! Nothing exciting happened or went wrong on my runs last week, so I don’t have much to mention this week. Well, except for the fantastic 10k that I ran on the Saturday. Speaking of which, the race director sent out an email yesterday morning apologizing for the lack of organization. It was great to hear that and they offered us a free entrance to next years race. I will only do it if they drastically improve the organization and volunteers.

It still blows my mind that I am up to running 13k. I remember just over a year ago when I could barely run 3k straight! Shows what training does for you.


3 comments :

  1. 60 minutes, insanity. that made me laugh. that is so awesome that you are reaching your goals.

    get it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great month!! The nicer weather is making running outside far more enjoyable!

    I can't wait to get outside on my bike more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the traning!

    I can totally relate to your comment at the end about your amazement at your endurance increase. I feel the same way - which is why I always tell people - trust the training plan! It WILL work for you if you follow it! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could run 26.2 miles. Now I've done it twice, thanks to Mr. Hal Higdon. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...