Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Training Tuesday & a review

Less than three weeks people! Is it weird that I had a dream last night where I was late and lost for the race? Not fun at all!

Week Nine

Total kilometers
33

Cross-training
Swimming: 1000m, 25 minutes
Biking: 8 kilometers, 22 minutes
Insanity: 15 minutes, insane abs
Six Week 6 Pack: 10 minutes

Other
Walking: 21.2 kilometers

Thoughts
Overall, another great week for my runs. The weather was perfect, my legs felt great minus a few cramps here and there.

My long run of 13k was on Saturday and it went pretty well. There were a few BIG hills in the middle, so I had to walk up a few, but other than that it was pretty good. Crazy that I only have two more long runs and the half is here!

Questions
If you do your long runs alone, how do you entertain yourself besides music? Near the end of my run on Saturday I was getting pretty bored and that made me want the run to end even faster! I am thinking I might need to update my playlist and maybe that will help.

********************************************************

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I had ordered a water/fuel belt from ifitness.  I figured I would do a review of it as I have done a few runs varying in length.

The belt:
photo (2)photo (3) 

Thoughts:
Overall, I really like the belt. The design fits my body pretty well (I ordered a small) and the belt doesn’t bounce. Well, I had issues on one run as I was wearing a really slippery dri-fit shirt, so it wouldn’t stay in place. That was my fault though!

The belt comes with two small water bottles and has a pocket in the middle that is big enough for my iphone, ipod and some fuel. It also has two clips that you can attach your number to, but I haven’t used it for a race yet so not sure how well those work. The one thing I really like is that there is a strap on each water bottle pocket to help keep the bottles in place.

If you are interested in the belt, go here. Definitely worth the money!

If you have a water/fuel belt, what kind do you have?


10 comments :

  1. You look so great girl! Have you lose weight? Your hard work is paying off!
    This belt seems to be so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten to the point where I arranged my iPod songs so my favorites come on at the ends of my run otherwise I lose steam and get bored. :/

    You are looking amazing and doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been keeping up with your training but I'm going to start now! Your race is coming so soon!!! You must be excited!

    Love the belt! I'm training for a 10K, but when I get up into the higher distances I'll have to invest in one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes- I had a mini freak out today when I realized that May is almost half way done (which means race time!). Time is going far too quickly for my liking!

    The belt looks awesome on you! I like how there isn't anything in the front. I am considering getting one like that because I often need more pocket space, but not all the bottle holders. Thanks for the review!

    Love your blue shirt too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to stop being a loser and do a long run. For your runs alone, you could always check out a new area. That might keep you interested. But I would rather run with no music than music I have heard over and over. Old music just does not inspire me.
    No water belt for me either. I do use an iFitness belt for fuel and my camera, which I like better than SpiBelts. For water though, I'm all about my Camelbak. I wish I could be comfortable in one of those water belts cuz sometimes my shoulders hurt from the Camelbak. But alas, my hips are like twice the size of my waist so it always wants to ride up. (that's what she said)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get a belt. Good luck with the race. You will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just have to keep adding new play lists to stay entertained. And I use running to sort of sort through issues in my life because running gives me a clarity that I don't get at other times!

    I have a Nathan brand running belt that I really like. I have 2 - one holds 2 bottles, one holds 4!

    I had bad dreams about the marathon weeks leading up to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your header is so beautiful. so happy I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog 2 months ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I moved to cali last year after graduating back in the south and I can't get enough of your blog. Would love if you could stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the belt review. I've been wondering if those things bounce or anything.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...