Monday, May 9, 2011

{weekend recap}

Oh Monday, why do you have to come so soon?! Weekends are just never long enough. Boo!

{friday} I had the day off, which was fabulous! I slept in with Harley and then we lounged around in the morning. I went for a swim in the afternoon and then when Mr.D came home, we went to MEC. I bought a pair of cycling shoes, but the one has issues and won’t let the cleat for my pedals attach to it! So sad. Another trip will be made next weekend and hopefully get ones that work!
photo

{saturday} In the morning, I went for my long run of 13km’s. We live about 3-4k from the river, so I ran from my house down there where there are pathways along the river. Mr.D and I set a meeting location and he picked me up so I wouldn’t have to run back up all of those big hills! There was one really big one where I made it about 3/4 of the way up and then I had to walk the rest. It was killer! The afternoon was spent lounging around (I was tired!) and then we met up with these two for dinner.
image006
{I stole this picture Alison, I hope you don’t mind! Smile} We had a great dinner and there was a lot of bike talk from the boys. I am thinking they might just be having a biking date shortly, hey Alison?!

{sunday} I think the theme for this weekend was lounging and lack of motivation as I was in my pj’s until 1pm on Sunday! Once I got motivated, I went over to my friend K’s house to catch up and chat about her moving to Australia! So excited and jealous of her Smile

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


8 comments :

  1. I love those shoes! Sucks one is broken. YES I can foresee a bike date for sure! :) I'm glad they get along so well! I love how most of the time we pretended to know what they were talking about! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snazzy new shoes! Too bad the cleat doesn't work properly! Is it just on one shoe or both?

    Good idea to have Mr. D pick you up after your run! Those hills are killer and I wouldn't want to run back up them! I wonder if you ran part of the Big Run HM course...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer on your new cycling shoes not working well, they look super cool, so hopefully you get a replacement that works very soon! I like your weekend, some of my favorite things to do are lounge around and be unmotivated, so I don't think it was a bad one at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing weekend to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I had a great one, too. Had a productive day of studying on Sat and then on Sunday I went for a 10k run in the am, a baby shower in the afternoon, and dinner at my aunt & uncles that evening. So a fun/full day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend! I like your cycling shoes - you'll have to let me know how it goes with them. I am terrified of clipping in :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...