Monday, May 30, 2011

{weekend recap}

I forgot to mention yesterday, but my full race recap will be coming tomorrow Smile 

{friday} Mr.D had a work event that night, so it was Harley and I hanging out Smile I took Harley for a walk and then went to the gym to do a quick run as it was still raining. Other than that, I just hung out and then went to pick up Mr.D

{saturday} In the morning, we went to the the race expo. Nicole and Kirst both let me know that it was really busy on the Friday night, so I am glad we ended up going on the Saturday. We got there just after 10, and there was already a line up for the half marathon package pick up. Not surprising as there was over 3,000 people running it! We got my package and then did a quick walk through the expo and left. We headed to Olive Garden for lunch. Such a great decision! The rest of the day was spent just hanging out. I was in bed by 10:30 as we had a 5am wake up call!

{sunday} We were up bright and early for the race! Full race recap to come tomorrow Smile After the race, Mr.D did yard work while I enjoyed a fabulous nap on the couch Smile We went out for dinner with some friends and that was pretty much it. We were both pretty tired!

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


4 comments :

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I am glad you took a nap yesterday - you definitely earned it! and it always feels good to rest after working your body hard!

    My weekend has been lame. I have spent it studying and trying to recover from the cold I caught on Friday. Bad timing for that as all i want to do is sleep, but at least I got it this weekend and not next weekend... I did have dinner w/ my aunt & uncle last night which was fun. That is the one and only social interaction of my weekend, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the half!! I saw a couple people down town with numbers and thought of you.
    Hope you are enjoying the sunny weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha your Sunday sounds exactly like ours- I raced, then napped in the afternoon while J worked in the yard!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...