Friday, June 24, 2011

Florida trip {recap}

First, I wish I was still on a beach. Second, I wish I was still on a beach. Moving on as it’s not going to happen in Alberta!

We left for Florida late Friday night, early Saturday morning. The red eye was as awesome as red eyes can be and we arrived in Toronto around 7am. Our next flight to Tampa wasn’t until 10:30am, so I had a delightful nap on the airport benches. Both flights were pretty uneventful, but we were both glad to be in Tampa finally! We had to take a shuttle bus to St. Pete’s Beach, which is where Mr.D’s conference was. We got to the hotel in the late afternoon and didn’t do much except pick up some food, walk on the beach and go out for dinner that night. We went to a restaurant called Crabby Bill’s as it looked busy and decent, but let’s just say it should have been called Crappy Bill’s. It had an awesome deck overlooking the water, so no complaints about that.
IMG_0324IMG_0328IMG_0330
{please look at the second line from the top- definitely no frills food at Crabby Bill’s!}

Sunday and Monday during the day, Mr.D' has his conference, which meant I was on my own. The hotel was right on the beach and had little cabana type things you could use, so I spent my days there. I burnt really badly on Sunday, so I spent Monday and Tuesday morning hiding from the sun in the cabana!


IMG_0336
The pool area
IMG_1303
The view from the cabana
IMG_1307
Us enjoying the sun

IMG_1313


Nightly walks on the beach

IMG_1332
IMG_1315

On Sunday night, we went to a restaurant called Snapper’s. It was the most delicious and amazing meal that we have had in a long time! Both of our entrees were under $20, so it was reasonably priced. I definitely recommend it if you ever are in the St. Pete’s Beach area!

On our way home, we flew from Tampa-Dallas-Calgary, but unfortunately our flight from Tampa was delayed, so we missed our connecting flight in Dallas. Lucky us, got to spend the night in Dallas and didn’t get home until late afternoon on Wednesday. But the one highlight of the unexpected pit stop was the Texas shaped waffle maker the hotel had.
IMG_0350
Only in the States I tell ya!

It was a great trip and was nice to get away with Mr.D even if it was only a few days.

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you have a great weekend!


13 comments :

  1. Looks beautiful! :) Love the beach shots! :) That waffle is funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flew home from Tampa on Friday afternoon, we probably walked right past each other in the airport knowing the timing! Glad you had a good time,I love that area... normally the big touristy trap restaurants are never good! I always try to ask around what the "local" place is for good seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww looks amazing! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away for awhile. Laying on the beach for a couple of days sounds pretty blissful :)

    That texas shaped waffle is HILARIOUS> LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookgs like a great trip!!! Laying on the beach or poolside is one of my favourite things to do! Love the Texas waffle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time in a gorgeous place! Random Texas waffle, but I hope it was delicious! :)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Dallas airport! Looks like a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pics - i am SO jealous! love the texas waffle too. hope you're well...i have fallen off of the blog bandwagon but i will be back, have no fear ;) miss your posts so i have to come back, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! I had no idea you were on vacation too, sounds like you guys had a blast :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - a state-shaped waffle maker? That is unheard of!! People have serious Texas pride, though, so I can't say I am that surprised... But wow. Still interesting!

    I am glad you had a great trip, despite the flight snafu on the way home! And the sunburn - ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check out your hair all cute and curly!

    I want to come to Canada and have an Canada-shaped waffle. I'm pretty sure that will be the biggest waffle ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Florida looks fabulous! And great pictures/outfits. Also, all that food is making me hungry again, and I just had breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, you look adorable. What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Texas shaped waffle maker is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...