Thursday, June 2, 2011

May totals & a new goal?

First of all, how is it June already?! This year is flying by and I really don’t want winter to come again already.

Month total: May 2011

Number of rest days: 3
Number of running days: 16
Total kilometers ran: 137.3
Cross-training
Biking: 20.8K
Swimming: 1000m, 25 minutes
Walking with Harley: 75.2K
Other: Insanity (40 minutes) & No More Trouble Zones (20 minutes)

Best run of the month? Definitely the Centaur Subaru Half Marathon!!

***************************************************

Now that my half marathon training is over and my next official race is not until September, I am needing something to keep me motivated and in running shape. Nicole almost had me convinced to sign up for another half marathon in July, but then I realized that we have a wedding on that weekend. Is it bad that I was sad I can’t run it?! I am hoping to find a 5k or 10k to run this summer and then maybe this fun race! It’s only 5k, but definitely more of a challenge than just straight running.

Ok, so onto my next goal. I am thinking of doing a sprint triathlon on July 17 here in Calgary. I have never done one before and I will admit the thought of doing one kind of scares me! I found a training plan that is 8 weeks long from Hal Hidgon, so I would have to skip a week if I started now, but I think it’s doable. I have all of the equipment except for a wet suit for the triathlon, so I wouldn’t have to buy anything except the race entrance. So, do you think I can pull this off in less than 8 weeks?

Have you ever done a triathlon? If so, any tips or advice for me?!


10 comments :

  1. Oh wow, you're awesome and brave! I've never done a triathlon because I'm scared of the open water swimming! I'm a baby though : ) I am sure you can rock it, and it will be fun to mix things up!

    I hope you find a couple races to keep you motivated too. I'm doing the same thing- looking for 5ks and 10ks until my next half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you have all the km's! Love that. Triathlons are fun! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No tips but I definitely think you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a triathlon would be a great idea! Women's Health Magazine had an article on triathlons in May I bet you can find some great info of their website. womenshealthmag.com
    Good luck!
    There is also "the underwear affair" for below the belt cancers and the stampede run I think they have 10km

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you could do it! You already have a really strong running base!!

    I am thinking of doing one the second last weekend of August in Kelowna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh trying to put the blame on me for almost signing up for another half!?!?! I am disappointed that you have a wedding that weekend :(

    I think you could totally pull off a tri in July! You will need to book your wetsuit ASAP. If you do decide to do it, let me know if you need any help with anything. I am good with transitions! And make sure you practice some brick workouts- running right off the bike.

    Great job with your distance this month! You have definitely surpassed me now for the year! I will catch up though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say GO FOR IT. You are so inspiring and have completed all of your goals already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never done a sprint tri... I don't have a bike, so that is what is keeping me from trying tris. But i would like to try one some day!

    May was a great month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a VERY successful May!! How fun! I am kinda terrified of Tri's. I can only doggie paddle and I have zero coordination on a bike haha It's kinda pathetic actually. You should totally do it!! You would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah yeah yeah!! I am doing my first one next week!! SO NERVOUS! I suck on the bike, haha. Well, and the run....oh this is going to be bad!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...