Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Training Tuesday

Let’s start this post off by saying I had a no good Monday. It was one of those days where you wake up with a headache from the night before and it just keeps getting worse from there. I got into work and our internet, telephones and computer system was down…awesome! Then a co-worker was sick, so I had double the work. Ok, rant over.

********************************************************

Next week marks the start of my next half marathon training cycle (crazy!), so I decided I need to get back into the swing of keeping track of my work outs and get back into the swing of running.

Total kilometers
8.7 {terrible, I know!}

Cross-training
Swimming: 1000m, 30 minutes
Cycling: 10.3k
Other: Hot yoga, 75 minutes

Considering we were away for the first days of the week, it wasn’t too bad of week. I am going to try and start riding my bike to work once a week, which is about 20k one way. Fingers crossed it goes well!

Are you training for anything? If so, how is it going?


4 comments :

  1. Oh that sounds terrible!! Hope today is better for you!

    I just realized that we are going to be out of town during the Melissa's race so I won't be signing up for it for sure now.

    This month has been my lowest mileage month this year! Guess that's what happens when you go back to the beginning of a training program.

    It's odd though because I am working out more (40 day challenge), just lots of cross training!

    That would be awesome if you rode your bike to work one day a week. I thought about it, but my office building requires that you pay $200 to rent the bike storage locker annually and I just don't think I will ride enough to justify that cost. Rip off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riding your bike even once a week will be an awesome way to get a bike workout in!!

    I am taking the next 2 weeks off of training. I will run when I want to run and bike when I want to bike. Considering I'm also going to be super busy and traveling I don't expect much from myself! Then starting on Monday July 11 I will be training for my sprint tri on August 21 and my half-marathon on October 9. Still need to figure out how to incorporate both of those races into one training plan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the absolute worse when everything just seems to go wrong - especially first thing in the morning!

    That is funny you mention riding your bike to work because that has been on my mind today! Although my ride would only be about 6.5kms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week was a terrible week for me. I ran twice and my mileage was a total of 11 miles. That's lame. But we all have our weeks! I am not training for anythign yet, but i will start training for the half on 7/18! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...