Monday, June 13, 2011

{weekend recap}

Our weekend away camping was fantastic! The weather sort of cooperated with us, only raining once on Saturday afternoon for about an hour. The rest of the time was pretty nice, but the nights were still chilly. Welcome to Alberta!

We went to Fernie, BC which is just over a three hour drive from Calgary. We went with three other couples, and Mr.D ended up leaving earlier on Friday with one of the other guys because I had to work until 4:30pm. I ended up driving with two of the other wives and we didn’t get there until 9:30ish on Friday night.

On Saturday, five out of the eight went mountain biking. Myself and two of the other wives hung out together and took all of the dogs to the dog park (there were three dogs including Harley). Harley did pretty well with his first camping trip minus the stealing of people’s food!

Ready for picture overload?!

IMG_0301
early morning walks
IMG_0304
IMG_0308
one tired puppy!
IMG_0310IMG_0311IMG_0313
I guess we are kinda cute!
IMG_0318
gorgeous scenery!
IMG_0314IMG_0321
one excited and tired puppy with a gorgeous background

Harley has been sleeping since we got home, so I think he had a fun weekend!

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


12 comments :

  1. Glad you had fun! Looks beautiful. Love that last photo of you and Harley! Gotta love a tired dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! I LOVE camping, it's one of my favourite things to do in the summer. I wanted to do A LOT of it this summer but Eric is working every weekend so we'll probably only go once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great weekend!! I can't wait to go camping for the first time this year... unfortunately we don't have scenery like that here (as you know! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love camping & i am so jealous of your trip! this next weekend will be my fourth gone in a row so i will be very happy to have weekends free again! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...I miss the mountains so much...

    Looks like you had a great trip. My weekend was pretty low-key but that was just as I wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had fun. I miss mountains. Bring some of those here, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great trip!! I am not into camping but you guys made it look like so much fun!!

    Fernie really is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all of these pictures! You look great (yes, you two are a cute couple)! Happy Monday (even though I still wish it was the weekend).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures - what a gorgeous area!! You are lucky that you live in such a beautiful part of North America!! I have to drive very far to see mountains like that!

    My weekend was good. I got a ton of packing done on Fri night/all day Sat. Sat night i had dinner w/ girlfriends. Sunday I did only things i wanted to do! Like run, take my time grocery shopping, and make a really nice dinner for myself! It's so nice to have my free time back!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last picture is amazing! Why do I live in boring flat Ontario? I would be more enticed to go camping if it were amongst the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to hear the weather was good! It rained steady in my end of town all Saturday! Beautiful pics too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...