Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Race report & Training Tuesday

As I mentioned yesterday, I ran the 10k event for the Intact Canadian Derby Edmonton, which took place of course in Edmonton. It was advertised as a flat and fast course and that it was!

Mr.D and I went to pick up our race packages on Saturday morning and there were no lines compared to the half I ran in May. I had waited in the car with Harley when Mr.D ran in and he was in and out in less than 15 minutes! We got to the race site just after 6pm as we weren’t sure how much parking there would be. Luckily, it was not busy at all and didn’t have a problem finding a spot. The course was an out and back going along the top of the river valley, which meant beautiful views. The race also didn’t start until 7pm, which was kind of strange, but fun at the same time.

I had a great race where it just felt like my legs were like go, go, go! My second kilometer was a 4:57, which is super duper fast for me! After that, I made sure to slow it down so my legs would last the 10km’s. My final chip time was 52:46, which was over a minute off my last 10k! So happy as I wasn’t expecting it SmileIMG_0525

Overall, it was a great race and fun experience!

********************************************************

Week Seven

Total kilometers
28.9

Cross-training
Swimming: 0
Biking: 0
Other: 30 Day Shred, Level 2, 20 minutes

Walking
I didn’t keep track last week.

Thoughts

This week was so much better than last week! My runs actually went well and was able to maintain my pace. Thank goodness! Best run of the week was the 10k race, as it was fun and I got a medal at the end Smile


10 comments :

  1. Congrats! I ran the Intact Half Marathon last summer and yes it is a flat and fast course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! And, medals are awesome! I wish all the races gave them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Pretty metal too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Good job lady! That is a super speedy 10K time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job!! And a nice new medal to add to the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the 30 day shred level 2 KILLS me. It's all plank plank plank. And I can't do plank to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work - that is a very speedy 10k! You have gotten very fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a great time, Leigh. You have obviously worked hard to improve your time, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You are fabulous! Love the medal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to run! A minute off your PR? Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...