Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer holiday recap {part one}

I meant for this to go up yesterday, but we got home late last night from the Tosh show. Mr.D bought the tickets on the later side, so we were unable to get seats together. Turns out we were about 5 rows from the front!  It was a hilarious show if you don’t mind his humour.

*********************************************************

Onto the vacation recap:

My mom flew in on the Friday night and then on the Saturday morning, we dropped Harley off at the kennel and then we set out for the ~9 hour drive. The drive was pretty uneventful but I love going through the mountains.
IMG_0405IMG_0406
Some of the views on the drive

We arrived in Penticton around 6:30ish and set up our campsite. Mr.D and I had our own campsite where we slept in a tent and my mom slept in Mr.D’s parents tent trailer.

I won’t lie, our days were pretty laid back as we spent most days at the beach laying in the sun and playing in the water. We lucked out and had gorgeous weather every day and no rain at all.
CIMG1531CIMG1546CIMG1555CIMG1587CIMG1597

One of the days, we were all a little tired of the beach, so we took a drive up to Naramata, which is well known for being a wine region. The first stop was at a winery called Red Rooster.
IMG_1392IMG_1394IMG_1396IMG_1398

This recap is getting a little long, so I will finish it up tomorrow Smile


10 comments :

  1. Looks great! We want to go to Naramata next summer! Good work on getting all hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Penticton! Looks like a great holiday :)

    We wanted to go to Tosh, my friend went last night too! He is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got back last weekend from Penticton. We were there for 2 1/2 weeks. Did you stay at South Beach Gardens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome. I love Penticton so much. I really miss our summer family trips there. Maybe next year I'll have to take Eric there for a long weekend or something!

    Did you guys tent it the WHOLE week?? Go you if you did! I can never tent it for more than 2-3 days ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Penticton! Unfortunately, I'm only ever there for a day. Glad you were blessed with gorgeous weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that you had such great weather! Totally jealous!!! You probably have an amazing tan!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you had nice weather, looks like it was a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics! What an awesome vacation. anything involving the beach and relaxation is a hit with me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had such great weather! The last time I was there camping we didn't have rain, but we didn't have great beach weather...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am jealous of all the beach bum time you got to have!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...