Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Training Tuesday

I haven’t done an update on my training for a while, so I thought I would today.

Week Six

Total kilometers
22.2

Cross-training
Swimming: 0
Biking: ~7 (mountain biking)
Other: 0

Walking
5.5

Thoughts

All of my runs last week sucked with a capital S. I blame it on the fact that I was about to get my period which meant I was tired physically and could not get into my runs. It was so frustrating! That combined with the heat has meant that I have slowed down a lot, but I am hoping once it cools off, the speed will pick up again.

*********************************************************
Blogging is an amazing thing. Yesterday, I opened my front door and found a package from the fabulous Chrissi. I had commented on one of her posts about the dry shampoo spray and she offered to send me some. She also included a cute card and some fabulous smelling hand cream.
photo (12)
Thank you again Chrissi! Smile


8 comments :

  1. I cannot run in the heat, it wears me out! More power to you girl, you still did great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so welcome, and i hope you enjoy it all :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so nice of Chrissi! I think the heat is getting to my runs too. Keep pushing through, it will build endurance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've totally had weeks like that before. Next week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW HOW SWEET! What kind of dry shampoo is it? I am dying to try some, just haven't gotten around to it, so I'm curious to hear the results/your opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, 22.2 ain't bad!! I like the cross-training idea! I can TOTALLY see what you mean with the heat...for me it's the humidity that really gets to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate weeks where I have my cycle because the runs are just a struggle. Being in run club keeps me honest, though, as I HAVE to do the work outs. Well, maybe have to isn't the right word, but since i paid for the club, I feel obligated to go. But my runs last week? Horrible! I almost cried after wednesday's run

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally know what you mean about the heat :P And that was sure nice of Chrissi :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...