Monday, August 15, 2011

{weekend recap}

Well hello Monday, you came around quickly again. But I am not complaining because I am off until Thursday, so I am savouring my last few days of holidays.

This weekend, we:

  • went to Kananaskis on Saturday morning to go mountain biking. Mr.D really enjoys it, so I thought I would give it a whirl. Let’s just say it didn’t end up so well for me. There were a few spills, swear words and tears left on the trail, but at least I tried. The views were definitely worth it though!
    IMG_0496
    Overlooking the golf course
    IMG_0497IMG_0498IMG_0499IMG_0500
  • early anniversary dinners. We went to NOtaBLE and it was fantastic! I had been there once before and it definitely did not disappoint. After dinner, we went to DQ to spilt a blizzard. Perfect way to end our night Smile
    IMG_0507
    Yes, the only picture we took was in our car
  • Finished making the bibs for the baby shower present for next weekend. I hope she likes them!
    IMG_0504
  • A trip to the dog park with Harley, so he could run and play in the river. He loves it!

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


9 comments :

  1. It looks like I need to ask the obvious question here...what flavor was the blizzard? You KNOW this is the important stuff and you leave me hangin'? What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to go to Kananaskis on a day hike or something, but haven't made it there yet!

    I love those bibs, I bought a sewing machine back in July with good intentions but have not made anything yet. But I did buy a super cute pattern for baby booties!

    We went to Calgary Zoo Saturday, then had a birthday party for my (Step)Mother In Law, yesterday was a bum around the house day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY want to get into mountain biking - it's huge here - but Eric doesn't think I will like it. I had a bad spill when I was 13 and I'm kind of a scaredy cat. It would be a fun thing Eric and I could do together though since he definitely won't ever get into road biking.

    Now we just need to buy mountain bikes... Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bibs are CUTE! The pictures look beautiful. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great anniversary!! Notable is so delicious- great choice! I am with you on mountain biking- sounds like my experience too!! I much prefer to be on the road or pathway on my roadbike!!
    The bibs are adorable!!

    How many weeks did you take off? Almost 3??? So jealous!!! I need a vacation already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I"m totally afraid of mountain biking. I'd much rather get on the road.

    The bibs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Leigh I feel your pain! Where did you guys go? Urg.
    Those bibs rock, you will have to show me how to make those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you made baby bibs?! wow, impressive! Aww, too bad about the rough bike ride! I give you credit, biking in the mountain would totally scare me off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THat is a cute picture of you two, even if it is in the car! You are such an attractive couple! I love those bibs - your friend will love them, how couldn't she?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...