Monday, August 22, 2011

{weekend recap}

I was a bad blogger this weekend and took ZERO pictures. None at the baby shower, none at the wedding shower and none at my race. I fail!

As busy as this weekend was, it was a lot of fun! Friday night was spent driving to Mr.D's hometown which is three hours away. We caught up with his parents when we arrived and that's all.

Saturday morning included some running around and then a baby shower for my sister in law sister. So many pink things at the shower, but baby clothes are so cute! I can't wait to meet her little girl :) After the shower, I grabbed some quick dinner and then it was time for my 10k race. Mr.D was signed up to run it as well, but he has been having knee troubles lately, so he decided to take it easy. The run didn't start until 7pm, but it was still hot out there! Overall, it was a good race and I will do a full report tomorrow :)

Sunday morning was spent catching up with our friends and their two boys. Holy man, are boys ever busy! In the afternoon, I went to a wedding shower for my friend. It was nice as I was able to catch up with some friends I don't see often. After the shower, we had a family dinner and then made the long drive back home.

I promise I will remember to take some pictures next time!

How was your weekend? What were you up to?

8 comments :

  1. What a crazy busy weekend! Can't believe you threw a 10K in there like it was no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys were busy busy this weekend! Little boys are CA-RA-ZY! Lol!

    Basically my weekend revolved around the tri - packing and traveling for it, doing it and then recovering from it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a 10k taking place at 7 pm, hope you took pics :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow busy!! I can't wait for your race report!!

    Blogger still won't allow me to comment on your posts! This is getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have never done a night race ... is it cool? do you prefer night races to morning races? i think i would like to try that sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little boys are definitely crazy!
    I can't wait for the race report. I've done a few 10Ks in the evening and they are a lot of fun (but a lot of waiting...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun! I was the same with no pictures. SO wish you guys could have made it to the lake! :( Next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys did have a busy weekend! Mine was busy but fun and I too did not take any photos. My aunt & uncle came over on Friday night. We had wine and hummus/veggies on my patio and then walked to a restaurant for dinner (which was delicious and is a new favorite for me). Then Sat night I went to the National Gymnastics Competition where I had seats so good, I was on tv! Then Sunday I caught up on errands and assembled my dining room set (which was a b*tch to assemble).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...