Monday, August 29, 2011

{weekend recap}

Oh Monday, why do you have to come so quickly? I am excited that next Monday is a long weekend…that makes me happy Smile

{friday} On Friday night, we went to a friend’s house for a BBQ. There were about 10 people there and it was a fun night. We sat catching up with everyone and with two of our friends as they just got back from a seven week trip to Asia.

{saturday} It was a gorgeous morning, so we took Harley for a walk down in the coulee by our house. He loves it so much as he can just run free and jumps over the creek. After the walk, we went to MEC and I found the winter running tights I was looking for. Not looking forward to actually having to wear them, but I would rather get them now while they still have them. After that, we took Mr.D’s broken bike into the store (sad face for him as they couldn’t fix it) and then headed home. The rest of the day was hanging out and watching Water for Elephants.

{sunday} I went for a long run of 13K and it was hot! I am not complaining because I hate winter, but I was sweating like a beast by the end. After my run, I did some cleaning up around the house and we got groceries. It was another gorgeous day, so we spent a lot of the day hanging out in the backyard.

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


7 comments :

  1. Sounds fun. Glad you got those tights but I am dreading the day you will have to wear them. Oh no, broken bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leigh,
    Which running tights did you pick up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to B's bike?? I would cry if J or I broke our bike and it couldn't be repaired!!

    Good for you for going on your 13K run in this heat! Hide those tights- we don't want to have to wear them quite yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a solid weekend! And great job with that 13km run...it was definitely a hot one to get out there and move! And I'm with Nicole...no tights yet...please! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely a sad face about the bike.

    Even though I don't love winter running, running in the heat is hard. So draining and it usually leaves me with a headache.

    I had a good weekend! Visited 3 breweries in one day and then ran 14 miles the next. Luckily I ran early enough not to be TOO pelted by the remnants of Irene...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me, Leigh! I am SO behind on your blog, so I'm going to catch up now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for running in the heat. I can't do it...I melt! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...