Monday, September 19, 2011

{weekend recap}

Well hello again Monday and another busy week.  Please be kind to me Smile

{friday} Mr.D was gone biking and camping with some co-workers, so Harley and I ran some errands and then went to the dog park. It was a pretty lame night, as we were in bed by 10:30pm. Party animals we are Winking smile

{saturday} I headed to the mall in the morning to return a pair of boots. I was also looking for a birthday gift for Alison and a pair of jeans for the both of us. Yes, I can buy Alison jeans as we wear the same size and have identical styles Smile I managed to find both plus a dress for the wedding in October we have to go to. Mr.D came home in the afternoon and we watched Bridesmaids. Have you seen it? There are some funny parts, but not as great as I thought it was going to be. Later on, we headed out to meet Alison & Justin for dinner at the Stonehill Pub. It was great to hang out and chat with them Smile

{sunday} After procrastinating for over an hour, I finally got up and went for my long run of 16k. It went pretty good! After my run, I had an ice bath, which Harley thought he better supervise. By supervise, I mean drink the water. Silly puppy!IMG_0569
The rest of the day was spent cleaning the house and getting groceries.

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


10 comments :

  1. Thank you again for my tank and shopping for me! :) Love that! And for the fun dinner. Cruz is mezmerized by the bath tub too, she just watches the water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend. I have enough trouble buying jeans for myself! It's very cool that you're able to buy them for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also ran 16K this weekend but even with pushing myself for my HMP miles I wasn't as speedy as you! I think you'll be my pacer during the half ;) ;)

    Sounds like a good mix of busy and relaxing. My weekend was like that too. Saturday was busy busy with running, coffee dates and a car service appt but yesterday was super relaxed and I basically did nothing other than take Chloe for her first visit to the dog park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice bath? That sounds crazy!!!

    Glad you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! I love your blog! Training for a 5k, I know you are way ahead of me and probably much better!!! I also have a wedding in Oct, hope to find something to wear soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harley was there for moral support! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a friend that would jean shop for me! ;)

    I had a great time in Charlotte with my friend Lori. We ran a 10k, shopped, and had lots of fun girl time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a pleasant weekend :) you and Alison are so lucky to have each other to shop for, jeans are tough! I'm still trying to wrap my head around the ice bath, do you actually put ice in it, or just fill it up with cold water? Brr its cooled me down just thinking about it, which is saying something as it's 90°f here right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. an ice bath?!!! please explain the reason for that, although (un educated non-runner I am) I assume it has something to do with your muscles and the long run :P ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you return the boots you bought at CrossIron? Did you find something else? Did you find another dress for the wedding or different wedding?? That's so awesome that you and Alison wear the same size & style of jeans!

    I thought Bridesmaids was hilarious but I think they showed too many good scenes in the previews.

    Cute pic of Harley!! Don't your legs feel amazing after an ice bath?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...