Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Quarter Century Leigh!!

 

It’s Mr. D again, back for another birthday post for the greatest wife in the world! Last year was easy as I could just regale you with the tale of meeting Leigh and falling in love with her. This year I decided that I would recap the year that I had with Leigh and the things she did that absolutely amazed me.

The biggest change from last year to this year was the addition of our puppy Harley. We got him shortly after Leigh’s B-Day, and sometimes I feel that I kind of pressured Leigh into getting him. Tough first couple days, we slept on the floor in the living room, but he was so cute that the few inconveniences were well worth it.IMG_1096

Not only did Leigh have to put up with a new puppy, but she also had to put up with my moustache. I had decided to raise some money for cancer research by growing a moustache for Movember. Now I am not a man that can sport facial hair very well, so you can imagine how Leigh felt for the entire month having to kiss this face.

Finale

Like I said, Leigh is a trooper.

Leigh’s biggest development this year was in running. I have always thought of running as something you do to get in shape for a sport, or to try to lose weight. I never could imagine that anyone would enjoy running, or want to run in a long distance race…. FOR FUN!! The idea of running further than 10 km still makes me shake my head, so when Leigh said she wanted to run a half goddamn marathon, I thought to myself NO WAY! To me that is a distance reserved for those individuals that are bred for long distances, not for a normal person. Leigh went in with everything she had and finished her first ever half marathon in under 2 hours! I know she was super nervous, but you could never tell before the race.

photo (9)

I thought that first race would be the only race and Leigh would be satisfied. How wrong I was. It was only the beginning of a new chapter in her life that she is passionate about. She ran a sprint distance triathlon (which I didn’t think would be hard, until I witnessed the entire thing).IMG_1357

I’m not sure when Leigh will run another triathlon, but I know that she will definitely try another one.

Leigh is still running and now she is talking about running a full marathon next year. Again that is a distance that is unfathomable to me.

Now on to some birthday stuff. Here is something I like about Leigh; She tells me exactly what she wants for her birthday so that I don’t have to think of a gift that might be what she wants. Here is something I don’t like; Leigh buys herself items from said birthday list before her birthday. Now not necessarily a problem, unless it is something that I have already purchased for her for a birthday present. That is what happened this year. There goes half of her birthday present (although somehow she suckered me into letting her see the shorts I bought her, and she decided that she wanted to keep them, and she got them early!!! So sneaky) and now I really hope she likes the rest of her present so that I don’t look lame.

Ok I just realized how long this post is and I’m beginning to ramble so I better close this up now.

Leigh, I love you, and this past year has been super busy and super awesome. I can’t wait to see what the next year has in store for us, but whatever it is I know we will be able to tackle it together.

Happy Birthday Leigh.

Love Mr. D


17 comments :

  1. Aww Happy Birthday Leigh!!! What a sweet post from Mr. D. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Leigh! Have a wonderful day! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Mr.D you rock. Nice work on the post. Happy Birthday Leigh. Look forward to celebrating on Friday! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Leigh!! Awesome birthday post Mr. D!

    PS. My running instructor had her baby on your birthday!! Her name is Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Happy Birthday Leigh:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post Mr. D!!!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEEEEAKY!!! Welcome to the "halfway to 50 club!!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG THE PICTURE WITH THE MOUSTACHE. I'm dieing over here. Mr. D looks like a totally different person!!

    I love you and Mr. D. You are one of my very favourite couples! This is such a sweet post!! I hope you have a GREAT birthday Leigh, you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, girl! I do the SAME thing with gifts. I hate crap that's just going to lie around the house so I just tell hubs what I want. I need to work on that shorts trick though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr.D you are the most amazing son in law - the most amazing husband to Leigh - the most amazing
    moustache grower. What a pair you two are.
    It almost makes me believe in LOVE.
    Ok - I believe - thanks for being the loviest couple I know. Happy Birthday amazing daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, this post is awesome! Mr. D, you rock! Just don't ever grow a mustache again, because it is kind of creepy!! I can see why you two are such a great fit - you both have a great sense of humor!

    I hope you have a wonderful day together!! And I can't wait to meet you some day, Mr. D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute post! Happy Birthday Leigh! Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww so cute! Happy Birthday Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, such a sweet post :) Happy Birthday Leigh! I hope this year is even better than last!

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable to the max!! happiest of birthdays, sweet friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leigh, your husband is awesome! Your card is in the mail, and I can't believe that yesterday was your real birthday and I didn't Tweet! Bad friend, Amanda! Anywho, I can't wait to hear how you celebrated your quarter century and what Mr. D got you!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY (WEEK)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday, Leigh! I hope it was absolutely amazing! Mr. D did a great job with his birthday post, it was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...