Friday, November 4, 2011

{happy friday} & a blog award

Hello Friday! I love it when you come around each week. Minus the part that you are supposed to bring snow with you today. I don’t like that.

This weekend, we have zero plans. There are only two things I have to do: go to my first crossfit class on Saturday and pick up some pants from the tailors. I mentioned it on Twitter, but the other day at work, I discovered a hole in the crotch of my pants. Awesome! An emergency run home was definitely made!

*******************************************************

The other day, the fabulous Stacie gave me a blogging award, so I thought I would pass it along Smile

20111101-222814.jpg

The rules of the award:

1) Thank the person who nominated you
2) Share 7 random things about yourself
3) Pass the award along to others

So, thank you Stacie and here we go:

1. I absolutely hate the dentist. I get super nervous even to get a simple cleaning.

2. I have a terrible fear of needles. The last time I had blood taken, I puked right after. Pretty I know. It makes me really nervous to be pregnant for all of the blood tests that you have to do.

3. My favorite kind of chips are all dressed. It’s the only kind Mr.D will buy for me if he goes to the store to get us chips.

4. People always think I have bigger boobs then I actually do. I don’t know why that is. (and I promise I don’t wear major push up bras)

5. I don’t know how to drive a stick shift. Mr.D tried to teach me, but I absolutely suck at it. Let’s just say there was many tears involved.

6. I have no middle name and my two brothers have the same middle name.  Random, I know.

I can’t think of a seventh random thing, so I will end it there. I nominate:

Lindsey @ a running tale
Rachel @ Rachel & John
Alison @ the life and times of Alison & Justin
Nicole @ haute runner
Adrian @ happy girls are the prettiest girls
Amanda @ simple girl, simple pleasures

Tell me: something random about yourself and what you are up to this weekend!

Happy Friday everyone!


13 comments :

  1. I hate needles too, but I have gotten better, as I have been getting alot, but it helps having a nurse that is good and you can trust!!!

    Yuck to the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah thanks Leigh. When my Dad taugh me stick shift there were many tears and me walking home mad. so Mom taught me! I laughed at your boob comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't drive a stick shift either! Too complicated for me I guess ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how to drive stick either!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on the needles- I would never get routine bloodwork done prior to pregnancy! I was so mad when I missed giving a requisition (seriously I had 3 forms) for my first prenatal bloodwork so I had to go back for more! And I have another blood test in 10 days. Boo!

    Haha that's funny that people think you have bigger boobs that you do! How does that even come up? I think boob size can look different depending on someone's body type. So someone with bigger boobs might looks like she actually has small boobs because she is bigger all over and vice versa.

    My dad forced me to learn to drive stick. My first car was stick and if I didn't learn how to drive it, I wasn't going anywhere. I lived in the country so I didn't have any other options either! I love driving stick!

    No middle name? Did you ever ask your Mom why? Just nothing she liked?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Leigh!! I am excited :) Will post this tomorrow!
    I cannot drive a manual either, am extremely scared of the dentist and needles, and the boob thing - ditto (I think it is because I am smaller maybe so they look bigger?).
    Have a great weekend! We don't have too much planned, but tomorrow we do have a 2nd bday party for a friends little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww!! I'm 27 weeks pregnant and have only had to have one blood test so far (okay, so they took like 84 vials of blood, but only stuck me once!). That will change at my next appointment because of the gestational diabetes test, but it really isn't that that bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all dressed chips too :) I think we discussed this in Victoria but we forgot to track any down for Lauren and Lisa to try! Darn it! I remember walking down the street trying to describe the taste to them, that was hilarious!

    Have a great weekend! This week went by really quick! We are going to be busy this weekend getting ready for our trip next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, and thanks!

    Random - I just ate two mini butterfingers before 10AM (I know it's almost noon). What can I say? I love me some candy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something random- I learned to drive on a stick shift so the first time I drove an automatic I was really surprised that the car moves forward (or backward) by just taking your foot off the brake.

    This weekend I'm doing a trail race! And having dinner with some friends. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My random thing? I somewhat learned how to drive a stick-shift, but then in my first week of having my permit I sort crashed my mom's car. Long story, no injuries to anyone other than the car and the shed I kind of reversed into. I know in theory what to do but haven't driven since lol.

    I'm now following you, come over and check out my blog if you're interested!

    My Growing Obsessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your blog award sweetie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We forgot to eat those chips in Victoria! Dangit!! Another time, I guess!!

    I bet poeople think you have a bigger chest because of your smaller frame or something? So maybe it's just an optical illusion or someting? ;)

    Hope the crossfit class goes/went well!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...