Monday, November 14, 2011

{weekend recap}

Oh Monday, I was hoping you were going to come so quickly again Sad smile But, I have another short work week, so I can’t complain too much.

This weekend, my mom was in town and it was fabulous to spend time with her.  She got in later on Thursday night, so we didn’t do much besides catch up with each other.

On Friday, we decided to spend the day in Canmore, which is about 45 minutes from us. Unfortunately, the weather was not cooperating with us as it was windy, cold and overcast.
IMG_0686

After checking out some of the stores, we decided to go for a late lunch at the Iron Goat. Such a pretty location (the view above was from our table) and it had a huge stone fireplace. I’d like one of those in my house Smile

IMG_0690

On Saturday, my mom and I spent the day doing some Christmas crafts. While we were in Canmore, we saw some gorgeous and expensive ornaments and we decided to recreate them. One trip to Dollarama and a couple hours later, this is what we came up with :

IMG_1558
IMG_1560

IMG_1559

I love it! It’s Christmassy and I can definitely change it up after the holiday season.

The rest of the weekend was spent watching movies, taking Harley for walks and just hanging out. It was the perfect weekend
Smile
Tell me: how was your weekend? What were you up to?

11 comments :

  1. I have a short week too. :-) I may or may not be taking Friday off to see Breaking Dawn. < -- will not confirm or deny

    Did you dye your hair brown? I swear it was more blonde before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun with your mom! Those ornaments turned out great :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great weekend! Love the start of the red in your decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend. Love the ornament tree! What is it made with? Very pretty. Can't wait to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for mom time! Love your Christmas Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous visit with your mom!

    Great Christmas craft idea! I love Dollarama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful time! It is so fun to spend time with parents! I am going to see mine next weekend and I can't wait!

    My weekend was great. It was pretty low key, with some pampering thanks to groupons (got a massage and a mani/pedi).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ornaments are adorable! I love craft projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a great weekend with your mom! Love the ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are so crafty, I'm jealous! I'm artsy, and I can paint and draw. But crafty, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had such a great time with your mom! Love that you did crafts together. That is a GREAT picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...