Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011: A Year in Review {part one}

As another year as come and gone, I thought it would be fun to look back at what I did in the past year. I have a feeling these posts might be picture heavy, so I have divided the year into two posts.

January
Looking back at my posts in January, it wasn't a very exciting month. I blame the cold weather keeping us inside hibernating ;) Though, my mom did come to visit, which is always exciting :)
my silly mom and I




















February
February was much more exciting then January! First up was me getting rear ended on my way to work. That was not fun! Especially dealing with the person who hit me. Oh well, it could have been much worse and I survived to see another day :)















Next, Mr.D and I bought a new SUV as we had a growing dog, who needed more space in the car. It's almost been a year, and we still love it!



















And the final big thing in February, was that I found out that my temporary position was offered to me as permanent full-time, which I was so excited about! I am still in the position, so it was a very good thing.


March
Another not very exciting month in the life of Leigh. I ran my first 10k and came in at 53:54, which I was super happy about. Even better that I puked at the end ;) This month I also did a fun post called the ABC's of me, which let you learn a little more about me.


April
This month, I took a trip home to see my family,  helped plan and put together a baby shower for Rachel & Henry, and poor Harley lost his manhood.

Alison,  myself, Rachel  and Vanessa
My mom and I
































Harley and his cone





















May
All of my hard work and training paid off when I successfully ran my first half marathon! I came in at 1:58, which exceeded my expectations by far!
My first half marathon medal
















June
Mr.D and I took a trip to Florida for a conference for Mr.D's work. I quite enjoyed the trip as I got to spend a lot of time at the beach while Mr.D was inside learning all day :)
Mr.D and I in Florida
















We also took a weekend trip to Fernie with some friends, so they could all go mountain biking. It was a colder weekend, but still had a great time!
Harley, the mountains & myself




















Tell me: what was your favorite memory from the beginning of 2011? Anything in particular stick out in your mind?

5 comments :

  1. I can't even remember the beginning of this year. I'm trying to because I was going to do a post like this as well. This might be a sign that I'm old. Memory loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2011 was a tough year for us, but also a fun one...i started my new job, and we took an amazing anniversary trip out west. i'm looking at the blessings :)) Happy New Year pretty lady! PS--I hope Mr. D has that pic of you & Harley in the mountains framed on his desk...awesome!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beginning of 2011 was really busy for us with house shopping, buying our townhouse and buying a new car plus getting engaged! It actually feels a lot longer ago than just the beginning of this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a really great year! My favorite memory from the beginning of the year were probably memories made in Paris, or my French-themed birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm. First part of 2011 was exciting because I found out my sister was pregnant and I went on a fn trip to Vancouver. And she got to come with me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...