Wednesday, December 14, 2011

That post where she gets angry: part two

At the beginning of November, I did a post with the same title about some of my personal pet peeves about anything and everything. Today is going to be along the same lines except the theme is going to be blogging. I am not trying to be negative about blogging because I love doing it and have loved what blogging has brought into my life (aka some good friends!), but there are times when I just have to shake my head at stuff that happens in the blog world.

Ok, here we go:

{one} word verifications
I understand why bloggers do it so the spammers stay away, but if you want me to comment on your blog, please don't make me do the extra step. Sometimes I have closed out of the blog after hitting submit on my comment only to realize that there was a word verification so I have to go back and retype my comment. I will obviously still comment on blogs with it, but it's a painful extra step.

{two} 'no-reply@blogger' emails
It honestly takes less than five minutes for you to fix by using this tutorial. If you take the time to comment, I would love to be able to respond to your comment or any questions you have. I can't respond if you don't have an email linked to your blog, so use the tutorial :) Everyone will thank you :)

{three} one post per page

There are a few blogs that I read (I won't name names) that have their blog set up to only have one blog post per page. So frustrating as you have to keep hitting the next button and waiting for the blog to reload instead of just scrolling down to read 3-5 posts. This is just a personal preference and there might be reasoning why those bloggers have it like that, but it takes so much extra time.

{four} not spell checking your posts
I am not saying that I am not guilty of having spelling mistakes, but there are blogs out there that have constant spelling mistakes in almost every post. I don't think everyone should be a top notch speller, but with the help of spell check on your computer, it's so easy not to have them!

Tell me: what are your blogging pet peeves?

14 comments :

  1. I agree with 1 and 2 for sure. Drives me nuts. Especially #2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not even know about the no-reply@blogger. I went in and fixed mine. Thanks for the tips. There is so much to know about in this blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with numbers 1 & 2. I hate word verification!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely not a fan of word verification- especially on blogs without tonnes of traffic, there really isn't THAT much spam.
    I wish more people would change their no reply settings (though with the "new blogger" a new tutorial may be necessary. i think it is slightly different now).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all points. However if someone has no-reply emails, they just don't get an answer back! I think a lot of people just don't know about it- like me before you told me about it!!

    I am usually pretty anal about spell check but J recently informed me that I spell oops wrong! I always spell is opps!! I had no idea- it just looks better to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Word verification by far is my most hated. And I generally don't like commenting on blogger blogs as I find they are more glitchy than wordpress, but I'm not going to hate on bloggers who use blogger. Whew, that's a tongue twister!

    R.e. the 1 post per page, if they are blogs with a lot of photos in their posts that might be why! I used to have 5 posts per page but when I started using a lot more photos in my blogs I had to scale back to 3 because my blog was SO SLOW to load. That being said, it also annoys me to have to click and click and click to get to new posts. AND it bugs me when people don't have an archive so you can just go back to a certain month. Really messes with my stalking if I'm reading a brand new blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha oh my goodness! I hate word verification! IT takes so much longer for me to post a comment sometimes, especially if it's a difficult word verification!
    I don't really understand what you mean by the @no reply blogger emails...do I have one then!?

    1 post per page is totally annoying AND finally, the not spell checking or using the wrong word that is spelled correctly bugs me and sometimes I want to leave them a comment telling them their error, but that seems wrong!

    Hope you're having a lovely day!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate the one post per page too. I wonder if my blog does that? I'm gonna have to look.

    When I comment on your blog, I have to use the name/URL thing since I'm on wordpress and it doesn't give me an email option. What do you do with those commenters? Just not reply?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HATE word verification. I don't mind it when it's on the screen already, but if i have to push enter, and THEN enter a word, it makes me feel very stabby.

    I also don't like it when only a paragraph of a blog's post shows up in reader. I sometimes like to read it at work and comment later (I can read on blogger, but I can't pull up blogs).

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! OMG! I love this ... SO TRUE! I don't like the word verification either and I hate when I can't reply to comments because of the lack of email address. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with you about the word verification! It bothers me to no end when I have to do so much extra work to leave you a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the word verification - hate it!
    But even more - I loath when my comment needs approval to be posted. Having a blog and allowing comments in the first place is about having a conversation with your readers, slow that process down and you kill your converstaion.
    Once I realize my comment needs approval - I stop commenting on that blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh boy! I recently changed my settings so I no longer used word verification, but haven't seen a change in number of comments to make me believe it kept people from commenting. Also, I hate noreply emails too! I love being able to respond to comments from my email, and I feel like I'm ignoring those who don't include their email!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...