Wednesday, January 18, 2012

11 Random Things

I am sure you have seen this floating around the blogsphere lately, but with it being so cold out I didn't feel like thinking of a creative post. So, you will get to learn some new things about me today after Kristen and Gabriella both tagged me in this post :)

Here are the rules:

1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!

11 random things about me:

1. I always think of good 'random' things to write on these things and then totally forget them when it comes time to do a post like this
2. I can't stand when cupboards or drawers are left open
3. When I make dinner or bake, I do the dishes/tidy the kitchen as I go. A messy kitchen while cooking/baking drives me insane!
4. I can't stand feet. Something about them just creep me out. I won't even touch Mr.D's feet and I love him.
5. I am terrible at telling myself that I "can't" do something when I haven't actually tried or am scared to try. Ie: a rope climb
6. I like hanging out with friends, but I also need my alone time.
7. It makes me feel good when I see I have a new blog or Twitter follower. I guess I'm not that boring after all ;)
8. I am scared of heights but would love to go sky diving
9. Lots of spelling mistakes in posts drive me nuts!
10. I have the worst patience in the world. Mr.D always asks how I am going to handle having kids when they are driving me nuts, haha.
11. I can't stand when people complain about something, but do nothing to make changes to fix it

Kristen's questions:


1- When you're in a job interview, what do you use as your "weakness"? (you know, the weakness that you can turn into a positive somehow) 
That I can be shy and quiet at first, but once I open up, you can't shut me up ;)
2- What is your favourite food?
Chicken!
3- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I was planning my wedding and I had started reading a lot of wedding blogs. I was going to share it with my family back home to see how the plans were coming along, but never did.
4- If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
Greece or Italy. Actually anywhere that isn't -30C  right now!
5- If you're a runner, biker, triathlete, or any other sort of racer, what race is tops on your bucket list?
I would have to say the NYC marathon. I would probably be overwhelmed with the number of people there, but it would be an experience.
6- What is your dream job? (pretending that it pays well)
Hm, not really sure. I used to want to be a midwife and still think that would be an interesting and rewarding job
7- Who is your celebrity crush?
Charlie Hunnam (Jax from Son's of Anarchy)
8- Did you or do you play an instrument?
I took piano lessons when I was younger, but can't play anymore. Definitely not talented in the music department
9- What is your favourite "guilty pleasure" movie? (you know, the one that you like to pretend you didn't love)
I haven't watched it for a long time, but save the last dance
10- If you had to pick a last meal, what would you pick?
Hm, that is tough! Probably a good steak and twice baked potato
11- Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Dazs?
Either or. Both are delicious!


My questions:

1. if you could be any superhero, which would you be?
2. if you could be on any TV show, which one would it be?
3. if you had to take either a calculus or physics class, which one would it be?
4. what is your favorite and must have beauty product?
5. do you burp or fart in front of your significant other?
6. who said I love you first in your relationship?
7. if you could change one thing about your wedding, what would it be? (if you are married of course!)
8. who is your blogging idol?
9. if you could do anything better, what would it be? (ie: run faster, become a better cook or baker, etc)
10. have you ever peed in the shower?
11. do you get embarrassed really easily?

I am tagging:

Lindsey @ a running tale
Aimee @ runner's id
Deb @ deb tris
Jessica @ heart on homestead
Chrissi @ home is where the heart is
Lisa @ Lisa's yarns
Amanda @ simple girl, simple pleasures
Rachel @ Rachel and John

Well, that was a lot of typing! Did you learn something new about me at least? And feel free to answer one of my questions if I didn’t tag you Smile


12 comments :

  1. I now know two people who won't touch their husbands' feet- you and my sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I'm weird about feet too, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have the worst patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way with the Kitchen. I can't stand things and dirty dishes every where. Also, I love when I have a new follower too :) Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate drawers, cupboards and doors being open too! I also like to clean as I go when in the kitchen. I am bad for cleaning up while J cooks and he's like "I was using that!"

    Patience isn't my best virtue either. Must learn quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister is OBSESSED with Jax from SoA! While I do think he is much hotter now that I have watched a few seasons, I am reserving judgment until I see the most recent season where he finally has cut that damn hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your guilty pleasure movie had me laughing cause my friend and I, after an hr of trying to figure what movie to watch put that on(again)and proceeded to dance in our seats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this!? I will get on it :) Thanks!
    I also am very impatient! And NYC Marathon is a bucket list item!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to run the NYC marathon some day, too. I thought maybe this year, but I think I am going to do the Marine Corp Marathon in DC instead!

    I, too, am a clean-as-you-go type. Chaotic kitchens make me crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness, I'm right there with you on your 11 randoms! Except wanting to sky dive, I'm terribly afraid of heights and wouldn't be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness, I'm right there with you on your 11 randoms! Except wanting to sky dive, I'm terribly afraid of heights and wouldn't be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tag! I need to get on it. Nicole tagged me too, so now I've got two lists to answer.

    I'm with you on a lot of the randoms. As for the follower thing, I think we're all like that. Sure, we do this for ourselves, but we still like it when we know people are reading it...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...