Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A new challenge {tips & recipes}

Last week, I talked about how Mr.D and I are challenging ourselves to not eat out for the month of February. You can see that post here. I know that I am always looking for new recipes, so I thought I would do a post with some of the great recipes that you left me in the comments along with the tips you left. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but I can't wait to start putting together some meal plans and trying them out!

Tips

  • use Pinterest to find new and easy recipes
  • when making recipes that can be frozen, double the batch and freeze the rest for another meal
  • sit down each week and write out a meal plan. Base your grocery list off the meal plan so it avoids multiple trips to the grocery store
  • pack your lunch each day so it avoids you simply running out to buy an easy but expensive lunch

Recipes

Kristen sent me a couple of delicious looking recipes:

Emily sent me the following website for some amazing food!

Lindsey sent me some recipes and a website:

I can’t wait to try out some of these awesome recipes!

Tell me: if you didn’t leave a comment before, what is your go to recipe for during the week?


11 comments :

  1. I really want to make that taco chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan (Alison's cousin)January 25, 2012 7:41 AM

    I use a meal plan, helps with going to the store once a week and then knowing what your going to make all week! I use Sandi Richard, awesome very healthy meals, quick some meals only take 15 minutes! You can google her to check it out, she also has online grocery list, that you just print off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so thankful you shared these :) i am certainly going to go through and copy some recipes! love the suggestion to make double...i need to start that! do you have two freezers or just one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always struggle to figure out what to make for dinner. I really like the idea of making a meal plan at the beginning of the week. I should try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you for these. I am in a dinner making rut so this will help, even though J is SO picky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's rare for me to cook during the week (I am a baked potato gal), but if I do, I make this bean & rice salad:

    http://ohsheglows.com/2010/12/29/spicy-rainbow-rice-and-bean-salad/

    Warming, it is spicy, so you might want to back off on the spices if you don't like things spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love making salmon zuchinni and rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES this is great!! I love the packed lunches challenge - we really need to start doing that. We waste so much money on lunch every month. I can't wait to read about your journey with this - and of course pick up some new tips and recipes along the way. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, that's easy! Its a recipe from the Pioneer Woman's website for beef stew with beer and paprika. I adapted it for the slow cooker, and I added a bit more paprika than the recipe calls for. It is DELICIOUS and has easily become one of mine and Stephan's favourite meals EVER. You have to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, and also if you are in a pinch you can go to bettycrocker.com and click on recipes. There you can enter what ingredients you have, and what type of dish it is (dinner, dessert, appy, etc.) and it gives you a whole list of recipes, along with comments and suggestions from people who have tried them. I have found quite a few good recipes from there that have become favourites in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just checked out skinny crock pot, and can't wait to try a bunch of recipes! I'll comment with some of my fav recipes when I'm at a computer and can link them :-)

    Ps- I think I'd like to do this challenge with you! It's such a good idea. You should make a button, and do a link up for others who are interested to post their recipe blog posts! I'll help if you want it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...