Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday randoms

Thursday's are a great day. Much better than Monday, but not quite as good as Friday :) Either way, I am glad it's here.

Here are some random thoughts floating in my head on this Thursday:

  • after the terrible cold spell last week, the weather has been fantastic this week. I am talking in the +C at the end of January in Alberta. Perfection!
  • I went to crossfit last night and it kicked my butt! This was the workout:
                                 “Filthy Fifties”
                                 1 Round for time:

                                 50 Box Jump, 24 inch box
                                 50 Jumping Pull-ups
                                 50 KB Swings, 1 pood
                                 50 Walking Lunges
                                 50 Knees to Elbows
                                 50 Push Press, 45 lbs
                                 50 Back Extensions
                                 50 Wallballs, 20/14 lbs ball
                                 50 Burpees
                                 50 Double Unders
     
        And it was freaking hard! Definitely kicked my butt in a good way.   
  • For those of you who follow me on Twitter might have seen my tweet about applying for a position that is the next step in my career earlier this week. I found out yesterday that I didn't get the position, which I didn't think I would but is still disappointing. But she did give me some tips and I will be definitely be working on those things. Hopefully next time the job is mine. 
  • I am seriously addicted to the no bake energy balls that I talked about earlier in the week. They are so, so easy to make and so yummy! Make them and tell me how they aren't addicting ;)
  • my cousin, who is also my best friend is coming for a visit in May. I only wish it was sooner!
  • crossfit gave me a bruise the other night on my collarbone that kind of looks like a hickey:
    can you see it?

Tell me something random about your week!

14 comments :

  1. Holy moly, that sounds like an intense workout! Sorry you got bruised but you're right, it does kinda look like a hicky, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you didn't get the position :( but it is definitely good to get good feedback and tips! Hopefully it will help you prepare for the next step- whenever that opportunity comes!

    Something random- i took the train to and from ottawa yesterday. The person who was sitting right in front of me on the way to Ottawa was then sitting right behind me on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could they not give you the job! Geesh. Sounds like a great workout! I'm excited to try it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's forget about that bruise and concentrate on how you have such amazing eyelashes?! Um. The secret. I need it. NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for trying for the job! And next time it will be yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer about that you didn't get the job but it's good that you turned it into a learning experience.

    Yup, that definitely looks like a hickey. I also noticed your super long eyelashes!! What mascara do you use?

    Must try those no-bake energy balls!! No bake is possible for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw sorry to hear you didn't get the job! I am in the process of looking for a new position right now and it's a bit nervewracking for sure! I just keep reminding myself the experience of applying and interviewing is GOOD for me regardless of the outcome!!

    I really like your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your eyelashes look so pretty in that picture! And I'm sorry you didn't get the position, but at least she gave you some feedback to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes, that does look like a hickey! Ouch!

    Sorry to hear that you didn't get the position. I am glad they gave you some feedback though. I am glad you have a positive attitude about getting it next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why, HELLO lashes for days! Gorg!! Sorry about the job. That just means it wasn't meant to be. Now you can prepare yourself for the next opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yup!! definitely looks like a hickey! Sorry about the job, but its great that you are being so positive about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you didn't get the job.

    And yeah, that looks like a hickey. Suuuure, it's from crossfit... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the job, girlfriend. More opportunities will come around! :)

    Oh, and I am also obsessed with those no-bake energy balls - DELISH!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...