Monday, January 16, 2012

{weekend recap}

Wow, that was a cold weekend! Okay, it only started to get cold on Saturday afternoon, but the cold is here to stay for at least the rest of the week. I am talking about -20C cold, which is not fun at all!

{friday} I had the day off of work, so I enjoyed a bit of a sleep in and then headed to crossfit for a workout. It was a tough one that included 75 burpees which was tough! After my workout, I took Harley for a walk and then took him to the vet for his yearly check up. He's in perfect health and the perfect weight, which any doggie parent likes to hear :)  Mr.D had plans with some friends that night, so I hung out watching lots of wedding shows and enjoying the night at home.

How Harley & I spent Friday night

{saturday} In the morning, I went for another crossfit workout (what can I say, I love it!). This was another tough one. After crossfit, I met up with Alison and we spent the afternoon shopping. We both found some great deals and items, so it was worth it. And just for the record, I wasn't a bad influence on you Alison ;) After shopping, Mr.D and I went grocery shopping. Exciting Saturday night in our lives! ;) We also stopped in at our friends house to see their new puppy, which they had just adopted. She is a cutie!

{sunday} It was freezing yesterday, so we spent the day cleaning the house and making a few recipes. We met up with our friend's and their new puppy for a walk. The dogs had a great time together and Harley spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping.

Tell me: how was your weekend?


9 comments :

  1. It was super cold here too!! Glad it was all over. Sounds like you had a great weekend though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 75 burpees?! You are my hero ;) You have almost convinced me to try a Crossfit class. I am ready to go if I can get Chad to come too.
    Stay warm this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo, I hope you check out a class! If the location posts their workouts of the day on their website, check that out before you go. I personally like the ones without clean and jerks and not a huge amount of rowing :)

      Delete
  3. I have to admit that I have never yet done a burpee... Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? They aren't fun but they work your whole body! I wouldn't recommend doing 75 to start out with though ;)

      Delete
  4. You are getting really into crossfit! That's awesome! I want to try it but it's SO expensive. Maybe after marathon training I'll suck it up and do the introductory classes like you did. Would probably be good for me to do right before the wedding ;)

    My weekend was good. We went snowboarding Saturday and I ran yesterday. I wish I'd done it in the opposite order though since there was NO snow on Saturday and TONS on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 75 burpees sounds like it hurt!! Were you pretty sore afterwards?
    Yay for successful shopping trips!
    What a cute puppy! I guess you can't let the cold stop you from walking the dogs! It's days like these that make me glad I have a cat that doesn't need daily walks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did 1 minute of burpees 5 times...but I'm guessing that didn't add up to 75. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely weekend! I, too, would like to try crossfit but it's so expensive here. Sad face. :(

    My weekend was wonderful. I spent it in Chicago with some fellow blogger-turned-real-life-friends! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...