Friday, February 24, 2012

I pinned it, so I did it

Oh Pinterest! How addicting you are. I casually joined thinking I would just take a look, but no, no you sucked me right in! Although you are addicting, you do have some pretty amazing ideas. I figured it was time to start working on ideas that I've pinned, so that's exactly what I did last week.


The first project that I did was the DIY photo canvas like below.







This is how mine turned out:



































I didn't follow the directions exactly, but I think it turned out pretty well! I just need to find some more canvases and am planning on making some more for our house :)


Next up is the yarn wrapped letters like below:



This is how mine turned out:




































I had bought the L (and a B too) back before our wedding, but never used it. I made the D out of cardboard and tape :)


Tell me: How do you think they turned out? Have you created anything that you've pinned?


Ps- hope you have a great weekend!


13 comments :

  1. I think both projects turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I have all the stuff to make the canvas too just haven't gotten around to it! An I love the letters! :) Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them before! You are so crafty! I try to be but fail. haha. I have letters from our wedding I could use, I thought about doing a large K with some flowers for the door this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! I have those projects on my to-do list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they turned out awesome! Especially the photo canvas. Going to check that out now, maybe it's something I can manage to do. I'm so not crafty like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo canvas. I have wanted to try it for awhile now but I am not very crafty at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how these turned out! I'm impressed. Maybe I'll do this for our bedroom with the letters. I'm still trying to figure out what to put on the walls for artwork, etc. Hope you and Mr. D have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!! You are so darn crafty - both projects look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look great!! except for recreating outfits and makeup I havent done any of the projects I've pinned... but my mom has!! In fact I have a whole DIY board of stuff for my mom to make for me when she's feeling crafty and I've been the happy recipient of some great new projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look awesome!

    PS: I tagged you to write the 11 random things post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so making these!! I saw canvases at Dollarama and also at Michaels. What size is the wedding picture of you?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...