Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A new challenge: weekly recipe round up



I know that everyone loves new recipes, so I thought I would do a weekly round up of the recipes we have been enjoying.

February

1. I was out of town for work and enjoyed lunch at the Lux steakhouse. Kind of goes against this challenge, but our work Christmas party had been scheduled for a while and I wasn't going to say no! Mr.D was on his own for dinner.

2. We were both tired and didn't feel like making anything major, so pancakes, bacon and fruit were enjoyed for dinner. So simple, yet so good!

3. Beef and vegetable kabobs. Mr.D marinated everything the night before and then cooked them up on the bbq. We served it with rice and was yummy!




4.We had Alison & Justin over for dinner this night. I made crockpot chicken tacos and we devoured them before I took a picture! I used this recipe via Pinterest. It was so easy to make! I also made a batch of guacamole using this recipe and it was to die for!



5. Mr.D was gone to a friend's house for a boys day, so I was on my own. Dinner was left over crockpot chicken tacos.

6. I wasn't feeling good, so it was chicken soup for me. Mr.D had left overs.

7. We tried a new recipe and food...tofu! We have made it once before and it was a disaster...luckily, this time was much better.

This is the recipe that we used:

Ingredients

1 16oz package of extra firm tofu

3 tbsp soya sauce

2 tbsp honey

1 tbsp rice wine vinegar

1/2 tsp sesame oil

1 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp garlic powder

couple dashes of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper


Directions

-preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray a non-stick baking sheet.

-slice tofu into 1/2 inch slices and gently press out excess water. Cut sliced tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.

-in a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and oil. Stir in ginger, garlic powder and red pepper. Gently stir in tofu cubes into sauce. Cover and marinate for at least 5 minutes {I marinated ours overnight}

-place tofu on the baking sheet for 20 minutes. Turn tofu and bake until the tofu turns golden brown or about 20 more minutes.

7 comments :

  1. I'm not sure I could get my hubs to eat tofu! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tacos and guac were so so good. Justin would NEVER eat tofu so good on ya! I like the dessert kind in smooties though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took me a few times to perfect cooking tofu, and now me and Chad love it!
    I love eating breakfast for supper... I need to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this new challenge!! I foresee more cooking in my future! Not too sure about tofu though- I think it's a bit bland for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tofu!! I'm going to try that recipe, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Mama Pea's teriyaki tofu recipe and it's my go-to recipe for tofu now! We also bread tofu and eat it with plum sauce a lot!

    Great job on the cooking at home so far this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing a great job on this cooking at home challenge, and it sounds like you are eating well. It is sickening to count the number of meals I have eaten out, but it's impossible not to eat out constantly when you are traveling!! I am looking forward to doing some cooking on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...