Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A new challenge: weekly recipe round up


Another week has gone by in our challenge! I will admit that I broke it twice in the past week....once for a work related lunch and once to have lunch with Alison and Nicole. Well, I didn't necessarily break the challenge as it's so the money doesn't come out of our joint account, but I am trying!

You can find last week's recipes here.

8. We decided to try something new and made spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs. Neither of us had tried spaghetti squash before and it was so darn easy! Just takes a bit of time, but definitely worth it. I used this recipe from Skinny Taste for the meatballs and sauce.

















9. Mr.D was in charge of dinner tonight, and he made a casserole type dish with some left overs and random things in our fridge. The casserole included: leftover chicken from the chicken tacos, rice, salsa, cheese, tortillas, sour cream. Kind of random, but it was delicious!

10. Neither of us felt like cooking, so Mr.D had leftovers and I had scrambled eggs and toast. 

11. We made home made pizza crust and personalized how each of us wanted. The pizza crust recipe is super easy and I found it in the milk calendar. Here it is:

Crust:


1 1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
1 cup (250 ml) whole wheat flour
1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
1 cup (250 ml) milk
1/4 cup (50 ml) butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425F. Combine flours, baking powder, oregeno and salt. Pour in milk and butter; stire with a fork until soft dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead a couple times until smooth. We divide it into two balls and each one each to make our own pizza. We then put the rolled out dough onto a cookie sheet, top with our personal choice of toppings and bake for 12-15 minutes. 

















12. We had the home made lasagna that I had put together two weekends ago and froze. It was pretty good!

13. I was travelling for work, so I wasn't home until late this night. We both had left over lasagna.

6 comments :

  1. Looks delicious! I love turkey meatballs. And I did make Spag squash once but it didn't turn out great, and SHOCKING Justin doesn't like it!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. D's casserole sounds pretty good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you guys are eating in and cooking more! I'm curious to see how all of this pans out once M moves in with our different eating habits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting lots of ideas!! I love spaghetti squash and meatballs!! Definitely one of my favourite meals! It's so healthy yet so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so well! I have not had spaghetti squash in a long time! I need to have some as it's so good and so good for you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...