Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A new challenge: weekly recipe roundup


Another week has come and gone in the challenge. It also means that the challenge is almost over! One day left in this month. Overall, I think the challenge went pretty well. It encouraged us to come up with new ideas for dinner and to try  new things.


21. Left over cheesy vegetable chowder and sandwiches.  Easy peasy.


22. I'll be honest with this day...I forgot to write down what we had, and for the life of me can't remember what we made. I think I'm getting old.


23. Shrimp and angel hair pasta. Mr.D found this recipe on all recipes and it was pretty tasty.


24. I had eggs and Mr.D had a sandwich. Kind of boring, but we were heading out for drinks so we had to quickly eat before we left.


25. Chicken and beef shawarmas. I will admit that we ate out for this meal, but I paid so the money didn't come from the joint account, so it's not technically cheating ;) We were out running errands and stopped at the mall near dinner time. It was an easy option as we hadn't taken anything out for dinner.


26. Turkey chili and home made corn bread. I had made the turkey chili during my big pre-cook a few weeks back and it was so easy to take out of the freezer and warm up in the crockpot. I used this recipe for the corn bread:









27. Spicy sausage with dilled orzo from Chatelaine. We've had this recipe multiple times before and we love it! It takes a bit of time, but so worth it. 




Tell me: have you tried any new or great recipes lately?

4 comments :

  1. def trying that chili and that cornbread - looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, you have made some great things!! I have made some great recipes. Last weekend I made this lentil soup in my crockpot:

    http://highermiles.blogspot.com/2012/02/soups-on.html

    And then I made this cajun chicken pasta, with some modifications to make it diary & gluten free. The leftovers were so good!

    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/cajun-chicken-pasta-on-lighter-side.html

    You did awesome with this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! It's fun to read all the different things you guys had. Planning for at home meals definitely takes good grocery shopping and thinking ahead. Not always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah, you are getting sooo old!!

    Eggs again- love it!! This should be my go-to meal also.

    Funny, we had chili and biscuits the other night. We were going to make corn bread but we were out of eggs.

    This post is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...