Monday, February 13, 2012

{weekend recap}

Oh hello there Monday! I won't hate on you today as next Monday is a stat holiday and I am quite looking forward to that! I am heading to Edmonton again today for work, which means another early wake up call. Not the best way to start a week, but oh well.


This weekend, we:


-went on a really cold walk with Harley on Friday night. Thankfully, the weather has changed again and it's supposed to be above zero all week.


- made two bite brownies using this recipe. So yummy and so easy! For those of you who live in Calgary, check out the back of Swerve each week as they have some fantastic recipes.


- went to a crossfit class that kicked my butt! This was the workout of the day:
7 rounds for time

400m row
15 dumbbell cleans
2 min rest

- went to see the movie Girl with the dragon tattoo on Saturday night with Mr.D. We had seen the Swedish version, and I quite liked both versions.

















- met up with Nicole and Alison for lunch on Sunday. Nicole is getting really close to her due date, so we wanted to see her before her baby girl comes. Plus, we came with fun baby presents!

- worked on a bib for Nicole as part of her baby present. They are so easy to make (just take a bit of time) and are super cute. Plus, the last ones that I made for my SILs sister, she has done nothing by rave about them. This is how it turned out:



















- made a couple cards for friends. Nothing beats a homemade card in the mail! At least in my opinion :)













Tell me: how was your weekend?

12 comments :

  1. Cute cards :)
    I want to see that movie but we haven't made it yet, one day!
    I forgot this next weekend was a long weekend! Because of the Scotties tournament I do not have a day off till Feb 29th - the same day we fly to Arizona. It will be a long next 2 weeks! I already told Chad my only plan for holidays is laying outside, tanning, reading and eating frozen yogurt daily. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards. Love that bib, you will have to teach me. AND I am gonna have to make those brownies now, great! Have fun in Edmonton!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Crossfit workout looks tough! Rowing is killer. Sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bib! And cute cards. Sounds like a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a great time on Sunday!! Thanks again for the beautiful gifts- can't wait to try out the bib!! Nice job on the cards- great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked both versions of a girl with the dragon tattoo - I think they did a great job of staying true to the books! Have you read the series? If not, I would highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so crafty! I loved the homemade card you sent me on my birthday!

    I really liked the GWTDT movie as well. Have you read the book? Eric wasn't very into it and thought it was kind of boring/hard to follow but I think it's because he hasn't read the book. OR he just wasn't paying close enough attention. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SO crafty!! You could seriously sell your cards and bibs and other things you make on Etsy. I agree, a handmade card means WAY more! I definitely am holding onto the one you made me! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...