Monday, February 27, 2012

{weekend recap}

Another weekend has come and gone....can you believe that February is almost over?! That's okay with me, as it means one month closer to summer :)


I also wanted to say congratulations to Nicole and her husband as they welcomed their baby girl into the world on Friday! She is adorable :)


{friday} Mr.D and I met up with some friends for some drinks at a nearby pub. It was fun to see everyone and catch up. One of the ladies is running Boston (she's a speedy one!), so it was fun to chat about that and running with her.


Harley & I


















{saturday} In the morning, I took Harley for a walk and it was snowy and cold! It was one of those days where I should have stayed in bed. After our walk, I ended up laying in bed for over an hour reading willing my bad mood to go away. Luckily, that seemed to help and I got the motivation to go run errands with Mr.D. He had to get some links taken out of his watch and then we headed to the mall. I don't normally shop at American Eagle, but I happened to find a pair of jeans on sale for $15! Not bad, not bad at all. Later that night, we watched the movie J. Edgar and made popcorn with the popcorn machine. So terrible for me, but so worth it!


{sunday} Another snowy and cold day, which meant hibernating for me! Well I did head out for some groceries and to shovel the driveway, but otherwise I stayed put inside. I made some homemade coffee cake and worked on the gallery wall for our entrance way.


Tell me: how was your weekend? What did you do?

9 comments :

  1. mmm homemade coffee cakes tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! We bought a popcorn machine this weekend and Eric must have made popcorn like 10 times over 2 days! Haha! So good though, and much healthier than the bagged stuff I'm sure.

    We did a lot of de-cluttering and cleaning this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are soo close to Spring! Did you guys get all that snow? I think we have more now than all winter.
    Sounds like a great weekend, we wrapped up Scotties which is a huge relief! Now to pack for holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good weekend! It was definitely a cold one. I'm so with you on American Eagle, I hardly ever shop there but sometimes they have good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great weekend!!! I am glad I am not the only one who hid away on Sunday due to weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute photo with Harley! I'm excited to hear about Nicole's baby girl and all that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What book are you reading? Anything good? Did you end up finishing The Marriage Plot?

    My weekend was good. Lots of studying, but I also babysat for my boss's kids on Friday night (which was fun and they gave me a very generous gift cert to a spa) and then last night I went to my brother's for dinner. It was great to see my nephews as I hadn't seen them in 2 months and they got a puppy (black lab named Sally) so I got to meet her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great deal for those jeans! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always find the best deals on clothes!!

    That is a cute pic of you and Harley. He looks bigger than you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...