Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday motivation

Yesterday was one of those days where I could feel a headache brewing all day. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and blow off my workout. But after a thirty minute lay down, some Advil and some scrambled eggs, I was ready to head to my CrossFit class. The workout didn't seem too bad when I had looked online at it, but boy was I wrong! That workout kicked my butt. Times three. The workout was:


Five rounds for time

15 knees to elbows
30 overhead walking lunges with 25lb plate
15 clapping pushups {scaled to pushups}
30 dumbbell deadlifts with 20lb db's in each hand

It left me a puddle of sweat! More sweat than I knew was possible to come from myself. Another girl and I were talking as we warmed up that as hard as the workouts can be, there are very few times that we regretted actually doing the workout. Sometimes getting to the CrossFit box is half the work! Once you are there, others motivate you to push yourself and complete the workout. 

I leave you with some motivational sayings inspired by Pinterest.







Source: tumblr.com via Leigh on Pinterest








Source: tumblr.com via Leigh on Pinterest


Tell me: have you ever wanted to skip a workout, but did it anyway and felt awesome about it? What or who motivates you?

8 comments :

  1. If I am tired or have a headache after work I know the best thing for me is to head to the gym, there has only been one time that it made me feel worse. All the other times I felt 100% better after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those quotes! :) That workout sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love those quotes! I think that the middle one is actually on my pinterest board hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suck at knees to elbows. I can get like, knees to waist if I'm lucky. Plus, it's so hard hanging on!

    What's the CrossFit box? That's the name of the place? I've never been to a place that calls it this but I've seen it twice now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great WOD!! K2E are so hard :( I love that quote that no one ever said - these workouts are always worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so, i've never seen a 6 pack on someones back before...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that first quote! It is so true! I need to put that up in my workout area.

    So many times I have not wanted to workout but I remind myself that I will feel so much better once I do it. And it's true! Or if I am really not enjoying it after 15 minutes, then I can quit because I did give it a go. I rarely quit during a workout unless I don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never regret a workout. Ever. And I remind myself of this when I am tempted to skip! Even a bad run is better than no run at all!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...