Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Training Tuesday

Before I get into my training talk, I wanted to mention a few things:

  • can we have another day off? I know I shouldn't complain as I had Friday and yesterday off, but one more day would be fabulous!
  • my mom sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers on Thursday. I love her!
  • I started reading the 50 Shades trilogy yesterday and can't put them down! The first book is very sexual, but if you can get past that, the book is fantastic!
  • for the daily workout at CrossFit, they post a picture with the workout and this was the picture from yesterday:
    Flipping a tire last week
*******************************************

Now onto my training recap. Last year while training for the Centaur Subaru half marathon, I did a weekly recap of my training. I am a little late as I am now onto week 4 of 10 in my training plan. I think it's interesting for myself to look back on my weekly training, so I thought I would start with last week (week 3 of 10). I should also mention that I made my own training plan to incorporate my CrossFit into it, and also added speed training, which I have never done before. My fingers are crossed that it works out come race day!


Monday: 5.2km run
Tuesday: 4km walk & CrossFit class
Wednesday: rest as I was travelling for work
Thursday: 4km walk & 5km run with 6 x 400's at 7.4 on the treadmill
Friday: 4km walk & CrossFit class
Saturday: 11.2km run & 3km walk
Sunday: 3km walk & CrossFit class

Tell me: if you are training for something, how is it going?

10 comments :

  1. Love the pic! Nice work on the tire flip muscles! Pretty flowers. I want an extra day too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that it looks like you're just cleaning up a random parking lot in that picture - "just moving this giant tire out of the way...no big deal."

    My half is in 3 weeks. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just starting the 50 shades books too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. flipping a tire?! get it!!

    ...and I really want to read 50 Shades of Grey, but I am being too much of a wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picture! You are rockin the workouts! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of you flipping the tire is AWESOME! You look SO hardcore!!! I found a friend who wants to try crossfit with me so I think we're going to try it after my marathon. I'm excited to see what it's all about!

    I am intrigued by the 50 shades book, your the second person who's mentioned really enjoying it now so I might have to check it out. I've hit kind of a lull with my book reading and haven't been able to get into any books lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just finished the second book in the 50 Shades trilogy - I think they are fantastic, but yes - way more sex in a book than I have ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am intrigued by 50 Shades of Gray... But I am a bit of a prude so it might be too graphic for me! I've heard it's a great trilogy, though!

    You look so hard core in that photo! And you are doing such a good job of fitting your runs in! I am not training for anything right now, I am just trying to build a base so I'll be ready to marathon train after the CFA in June!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a AWESOME picture of you. Love it!

    I'm doing my first real speedwork in this training plan for my half-iron. Part of me likes speedwork, part of me dreads it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty flowers! I have heard of those books-must read them. awesome picture of you! nice pipes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...