Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Training Tuesday

Another week down in my training! Only one more long run left and it's half marathon time! :)


A picture of me doing push presses at CrossFit
Monday: 4km walk with Harley and a CrossFit workout
WOD

4 rounds for time:
100m farmers walk {1pood KB}
100m broad jump
100m walking lunges
100m farmers walk {1 pood KB}

Tuesday: 6.25km run (5:07 pace) with Harley 


Wednesday: rest


Thursday: 4km walk with Harley and CrossFit workout


WOD

3 rounds for time:
30 wall balls
20 SDLHP
10 OHS


Friday: 3.8km walk with Harley


Saturday: 7km hike in the coulee with Harley


Sunday: 18km run (5:49 pace). This was a terrible run for me! The first 10km were good as I was on pace, but shortly after that I fell apart. It was a really warm morning out and the heat totally got to me. My overall pace slowly slipped over the last 8km from 5:30/km to 5:49/km. I won't lie, I sat down in some shady grass with my head in my hands wishing my car was closer than 4km away. 


I didn't get in all of my runs this week as my cousin was in town, but sometimes spending time with friends and family are better than exercising :)


Tell me: how was your week of workouts?

10 comments :

  1. You are so awesome!!! I need to get off my booty and get in gear like you girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picture strong lady - you look like you are about to cry!! And yes family is more important than runs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty much a couch potato, but am rather impressed with your physical regimen. Best wishes for your success, you certainly are working hard at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need running to love me again. It hates me so hard right now. Boo. :-( Lovin' the Crossfit picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Look at you lifting all that weight. I'm not going to lie, crossfit still intimidates me a wee bit, but I REALLY want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a lot of weight! You are one buff chick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I have done nada, nilch, nothing since my marathon! I AM however going to crossfit tonight for the first time ever! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look in your face in that picture!
    And yes! Time with family and friends is way more important!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cannasta - It looks like the weight you are holding weighs more than you do!!

    I had a HORRIBLE run yesterday. It was a 4 miler and i considered walking after the 3rd mile. Awful. It was 85 degrees, though, which is quite warm, and my body was not used to it.

    I hope your race goes awesome this weekend - I have no doubt it will though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate long runs or any runs like that!! However I would kill for that pace...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...