Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Training Tuesday

Less than a week until my half marathon! Even though this will be my 4th half marathon, I am starting to get nervous! I am excited that my mom will be able to come to the race with me as she has never been able to cheer me on before.




Monday: 4km walk with Harley and CrossFit workout


WOD

A. Hang squat clean: worked up to a 75lbs double
B: AMRAP in ten minutes:
8 clapping push ups
16 sit ups
32 squats

Tuesday: 6.5km run at 5:33/km pace

Wednesday: 3.2km walk with Harley and CrossFit workout

WOD

A. Snatch grip deadlift
95/105/115/125/135/145*
*a PR for me!

B. Front squat
75/85/95/105/95/95

Thursday: 4km walk with Harley and 9 x 400m speed run

1km warm up
1:41, 1:37, 1:31, 1:41, 1:42, 1:37, 1:42, 1:43, 1:49
1km cool down

I was doing this run outside and was using my Garmin, but couldn't see my times each round until the end of my workout. I was quite surprised at my times!

Friday: 4km walk with Harley

Saturday: 19.2km run at 5:29/km pace. This run felt MUCH better than last week's run. 

Sunday: 3.5km walk with Harley and 25 minute yoga

Tell me: how was your week of training?

7 comments :

  1. Is that pic a thruster? Because that is one low ass squat if it is. You GO girl.
    I do Crossfit a couple times a week and I'm not sure I know what some of your initials mean. WOD? AMRAP?
    You will do FAB in your half. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your Mom will be there to cheer you on! :) YAY. You will do awesome!! Great pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that your Mom will be there! So exciting! You will do great :)
    I am so sore, yesterday I upped a few of the weights I do for upper body and this morning I attempted Yoga Meltdown which was tough with sore arms!
    I really need to try crossfit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. didn't do much training myself last week except for Nike Training Club tuesday, the gym wednesday, and a hike Friday.

    ...but started this week off right with a 4 mile run to the beach last night!

    ...and your 4th 1/2...what a professional!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great your mom is coming for your race! That's so exciting! Love the crossfit photo of you! Now I am kind of understanding what you're saying in your crossfit posts ;) Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to have such a great race, I just know it. I predict a huge PR for you!

    My training week was decent. It was pretty warm here, which impacted my runs. But I am happy with the miles I put in! I can't wait to be done studying so I can really focus on running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome picture!!

    Maybe I will be able to meet your Mom!! That's exciting that she is able to come cheer you on! You are going to have a great race!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...