Monday, May 7, 2012

{weekend recap}

Does anyone else wish that it was Saturday today and not Monday? I could use one more day off....I really shouldn't complain too much as I am only working three days this week. Hopefully those days don't go by super slow.


{friday}
After work, Alison, Justin & Cruz came over for a dinner and puppy play date. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner and dessert while the dogs ripped around the backyard.  We also spent some time planning our roadtrip that we are going on in August. I wish it was August now!

{saturday}
Saturday morning was fabulous for one reason....an unexpected sleep in until 10:30am! I can't remember the last time that happened, but it was awesome. The terrible part of Saturday morning? The cold weather and snow that I woke up to. Not fun at all. I spent the morning cleaning around the house and then Mr.D and I went to CrossFit. Our location offers oepn gym times as a part of our membership fees, so we went in and did a tabata style workout. The workout was:

20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for 8 rounds

Knees to elbows
push ups
kettle bell swings
push press

The rest of the day was spent inside in the warmth and watching a movie. 

{sunday}
In the morning, I went for my 16km training run and the weather luckily turned gorgeous. Only two more long runs and my half is here! After my run, I hung out in the backyard throwing the ball for Harley and enjoying the sunshine :)

 While I was writing this post last night, Mr.D asked me if I was blogging about our weekend and I said yes. He wanted me to make sure that I mentioned that he made amazing ribs, so now he better be reading this!

Tell me: how was your weekend? What were you up to?

9 comments :

  1. I swore it was Sunday this morning when I woke up... weekend went by way too fast!
    Road trip!? Love road trips!Where are you guys going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the snow was crazy. But yesterday was GREAT! I wish it was August too! Pout. PS. I had a brownie last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Road trip! Where are you guys going??? Bet Mr. D's ribs were delish!!

    10:30am is a rare sleep in? I sleep in later than that with a baby!!

    Good job on your 16k. J did 15k- first run in like a month. He's so poorly trained it isn't funny! Good thing we start regularly running in a month! I think he gained more weight than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good weekend minus the snow - I saw some photos of all the snow you guys got, CRAZY!! Is your roadtrip why you'll be coming through here in August?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I love that Mr. D wanted his awesome ribs mentioned. ;)

    I can not believe you got snow!! How cruel! I am glad it was nice on Sunday for your long run!

    My weekend was good. It was busy, but it was great seeing family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you posted a picture of the ribs to tease us ... I love ribs that are super tender!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great weekend :) Harley is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhh sleeping til 1030 sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...