Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fitness bucket list

I have seen this floating around blogsphere and I had zero ideas for a post today, so I thought why not?Before I started running, I had made myself a 30 before 30 list and on the list was: run a 5k, 10k, half marathon, triathlon, etc. As a few of those things have been crossed off now, I've had to come up with new goals or wants.

Leigh's fitness bucket list


1. Run a sub 25 minute 5k
- a couple weeks ago I ran a 25 minute and change 5k by myself, so I know I can get there

2. Run a sub 50 minute 10k
- my 10k PR is 52:46, so with some training I might be able to get there


3. Run my first full marathon
- I was thinking about doing one this year, but decided I didn't want to put the training in right now. I might possibly do one next spring

4. Run a major marathon
- it could be anything from the Chicago marathon to the NYC marathon, etc. The bigger the better!

5. Do one unassisted pull up
- getting closer, but still need a little help with a skinny band at CrossFit

6. Do a kipping pull up

7. Do a handstand pushup
- I can do the handstand, but not the push up part!


8.  Run a relay race
- after reading all of the different recaps from bloggers, a relay race looks tiring but lots of fun if you have the right group of people

9. Do a muscle up
- I doubt that this will ever happen, but you never know!


Tell me: what is on your fitness bucket list?

12 comments :

  1. #4 can be the nike women's marathon in San Francisco! You can stay with me and we could run it together (the half at least)! I I got in this year by using a group ID, and I know I can find another next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 can be the nike women's marathon in San Francisco! You can stay with me and we could run it together (the half at least)! I I got in this year by using a group ID, and I know I can find another next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to run a relay - they look like so much fun (some not so fun too but mostly fun). I have run a sub-25 5k but it has been awhile - so I'd like to do another one. And, I want to run a sub 50 10 as well.
    I'm still working out some of my other items - but one of them is to learn to row. I'm checking dates to do that this summer sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! It's funny a lot of the crossfit moves are stuff I used to do as a gymnast, not sure I could still do them though!! ha Relay race would be super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That handstand push up looks so hard! I would love to be able to do that.
    My list has a half-marathon on it. I haven't done one yet and I keep chickening out.
    A relay would be fun too

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4,5,8 are on my list too! I would so 4 & 8 with you :) I also want to run a color race, and a race along with ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bucket list! I agree with Adrian - Run Nike! I am running that this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome bucket list and I KNOW you can achieve all of them! I would love to run a marathon with you, so if Chicago doesn't work, maybe we can find another race! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome goals! You could come do the Philadelphia Marathon :)) I'll be running that one in November. These are awesome goals and I'm with you on #1!

    I'm transitioning over to a new blog. Hope we can connect over there too! Have a great weekend :))

    ~aimee @ www.elitewithoutwheat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome fitness bucket list! We have a very similar list, mainly 1, 2, 3/4 (which I'm doing this year)and 5. Can't wait to see you accomplish these goals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh man, I am exhausted just looking at this bucket list. you can totally do it. props to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. On mine is: run a 50K, do a half-ironman, do an unassisted pull-up as well :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...