Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I workout

**edit to add: Paula asked for some examples of the exercises, so her wish is my command ;) Click on the exercises for the videos**


Ah what a clever title! Can you tell what this post is going to be about? ;)


Since I am not currently following a training plan (which I am loving by the way!), I thought I would recap some of my workouts recently.



Here is an easy workout to do at home that leaves you sweating!


50 bicycle crunches
50 plank jacks with tuck- (similar to the video, but I bring both knees up in the tuck part)
50 squats
50 lunges


I have done this workout a few times at home, and it takes me anywhere from 18-23 minutes and leaves me sweating.

I did this workout at CrossFit last week and it was killer:

10 rounds for time

30 seconds row for calories
30 seconds toes to bar

Here is another workout that I did at CrossFit. Another tough, but good workout:


Tell me: have you done any good workouts lately? Any that can be done at home?

8 comments :

  1. Very clever title for sure! ha Great photo!! I love at home works outs!! :) sound like 2 tough CF workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise burpees! haha. For some reason I have never been a fan of jumping type exercises, I always end of injured after. Probably just my clumsiness ;)
    We are semi-following LiveFit 4 days a week, then I am trying to do 30 mins of Yoga Meltdown 2 times a week. This morning was supposed to be yoga but my body could not do it, I needed a rest day. I always have to remind myself that rest days are just as important as workout days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a non crossfit - you should explain what a burpee etc is! Hahaha, I'm sure I could google it but that sounds like a great workout! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oddly enough I don't mind burpee's....
    I am looking for something new to do throughout the summer. Feeling like I need to mix things up again. I have been doing easy stuff at home since finishing Insanity but ready for a challenge again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would take me 18-23 minutes just to do 50 burpees. I don't know what these are:
    in & outs
    plank jacks with tuck
    Russian twists
    Need links to examples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did an intense workout at crossfit last night. 4 rounds of run 1 lap, 25 hi-pulls and 25 push-ups (chest to floor!) I did girl push-ups but I was still DEAD after four rounds!!!

    I really like that workout you posted that you do at home sometimes, I am going to try that next time I want to get in a good workout but don't have time to go to crossfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a super intense 'yoga' class on Saturday. It involved alot of the things you do in crossfit. It was honestly kind of ridiculous - I could only do about 75% of the class, I had to take a couple of breaks because I was dying. It was in a heated room and I had ran 12 miles, so that really did not help! I would like to try it again on fresh legs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...