Monday, June 4, 2012

{weekend recap}: the weekend that camping wasn't

Oh Monday, you came too soon yet again. I sure wasn't ready to see you yet. Hm, the best way to describe this weekend? Wet and tiring!


{friday} I took the afternoon off on Friday and on my way home, I stopped at CrossFit for a quick workout. Felt good to be doing the workout, but it left my back feeling less than stellar. After my workout, I headed home to shower and finish packing everything up for our camping trip to Fernie. Around 4pm, Alison, Justin & Cruz came to our house and we were off to Fernie. 




The skies were not looking too promising as we neared Fernie, but our fingers were crossed that it would clear and no rain would come.


{saturday} Let's just say the rain did not stay away for long. It started around 1am, but by the time we got up around 8am, our tent was slowly leaking from the downpour. I definitely was a very unhappy camper with the amount of rain, but luckily everyone was in agreement to pack it up and head home. 



My sweet rain suit
Early morning coffee run to get out of the rain
We ended up getting home around 2pm, and proceeded to do nothing except laundry and nap for the rest of the day. My back was still killing, so I spent a lot of the night foam rolling and putting Rub-A-35 on my back. Thankfully it started feeling a lot better.


{sunday} Mr.D and Justin were off for a bike ride as they missed their chance in Fernie. After they left, Harley and I went out for a run. The rest of the morning and early afternoon was spent mowing the lawn, laundry and vacuuming the house. In the late afternoon, Alison and Cruz came over and we had a BBQ to make up for the one we missed on Saturday night.


While the weather definitely put a damper on our weekend, it was still nice to have some time at home to relax and spend time with friends :)


Tell me: how was your weekend? Did it include lots of rain like mine?

15 comments :

  1. That rain...it sure was a jerk! Tiring and wet is a pretty good description! Next camping trip will be better that's for sure!! :) And I'm glad for our BC trip we are staying in hotels! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that camping didn't work out for you guys! Hopefully it'll be better weather the next time that you attempt it :) Glad you got to nap! I could use a nap right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a rainy weekend. Too bad it rained, but rain shared with loved ones makes it easier... We spent our Saturday with me at the dentist, and Sunday watching our daughter dance in a summer school show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! Maybe you got the rain we were supposed to get? lol Because we didnt end up gettint up!!! But first camping trip of the year, it can only get better from here on in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always rains when we go camping! Probably why I don't go ;) haha.
    We had rain for a couple hours Saturday late afternoon but that was it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Sorry the rain ruined your trip :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer!! Sorry the rain ruined your camping trip!! That looks really wet!

    I had a great weekend. Friday night I went to a BBQ and then out for drinks with friends, Saturday we went golfing with my friend and a couple people she works with and yesterday I went for a trail run in the morning and had my friend and her fiance over for dinner. Her fiance and Eric really hit it off so I'm hoping that we can all hang out lots more! It was a weekend full of social things for me which I haven't done in months and it was really fun! Today I have the day off from working all weekend last weekend so I'm planning on cleaning up around the house and going to crossfit. it's raining here today too :( Boo

    ReplyDelete
  8. No rain for my weekend. Spent Friday night baking, Saturday hit the farmer's market and had a nice nap in the afternoon before my mom came to take me shopping for baby things. Sunday headed to Calgary for my cousin's baby shower which was a long day but was nice to see some family. All in all, not a bad weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sucks it rained!! Tenting in the rain is no fun! At least you got a make-up BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darn rain! Sorry it ruined your trip. It was actually pretty nice here this weekend, but it is raining today. Goes with the Monday gloomy mood, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sucks about your back. :( Hope it's feeling better now!

    My weekend was stressful and awesome at the same time. The test was uber stressful and I was a basketcase on Saturday. But it felt great to leave the test and celebrate with family and friends. And yesterday was a very low key relaxing day, which is just what I needed!

    Somehow you even manage to look cute in a yellow rainsuit. I am impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh bummer to the rain part

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ya'll are TRUE sports, my goodness, too bad the trip ended early but I would have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bummer. Although sometimes it is nice to just relax! We didn't have a rainy weekend; it actually rained here on Monday, so it must have been moving south.

    PS My Dad has that same rain suit. I'm not sure what that says about his OR your sense of style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh that sucks!!!! I would not have been a happy camper either!!! Glad you were able to enjoy the weekend in spite of the botched camping plans.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...