Monday, June 25, 2012

{weekend recap}

Another weekend come and gone....the one plus to this week? That next weekend is a three day weekend and I am so excited for it!

{friday} I stopped at the mall after work to do a little shopping, but didn't have too much luck. After the mall, I headed home and we spent the night hanging out at home.

{saturday} We were up bright and early to head to Mr.D's hometown to spend some time with his brother, SIL and niece before they move to NYC. It was a gorgeous day, so we headed out with Harley for a run in the river valley. We ended up running about 7km and were super sweaty when we got home! The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging outside with Mr.D's family enjoying the sunshine. Later, we headed out to dinner for Chinese food to a popular restaurant called Ling nan's. The family who owns the restaurant had a show on TV, so it was fun to visit the actual location.

Mr.D and our niece
{sunday} In the morning, we made a trip to Mr.D's grandpa's nursing home for breakfast with him and the family. After breakfast, we hung out for a little bit and then made the drive back home.  



Poor Harley hurt his paw pads on Saturday after catching the ball on some concrete :( We've wrapped both paws up pretty well, so hopefully they heal quickly.


Tell me: how was your weekend? What were you up to?

14 comments :

  1. I am so excited for the long weekend! We took Friday off to and are going hiking in Banff, plus we have a family camping thing, and my BF's son's 1st bday!
    This weekend me and my Mom ran the Starbucks 10k run, then the rest of the weekend was low key - wish the weather was a tad better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, harley! you silly dog. he looks kind of cute with his paws all wrapped up though. :) glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Harley!!! Ah, :( Hope they are better soon. Glad you had a good family weekend, love that photo of you and your niece!! Sounds like you had much better weather than us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how big your niece is! And poor Harley. Hopefully everything will heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures!! Poor Harley!! Im surprised he is leaving them covered, mine would chew them off and lick thier paws obsessively! Hopefully he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no poor Harley! Hope he gets better fast!

    That's crazy that D's brother and family are moving to NYC, wow! But now you have a good excuse to go visit there :) Your niece is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor puppy! Hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have to wrap up one of our dogs paws all the time too because the pads are so torn up. hope your puppy's paws heal fast

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, poor puppy! Hope his paws heal fast!

    I can't even begin to express how excited I am that it is a long weekend... and for the love of god pleeeeease let the rain stop at least for the weekend!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Harley! My friend's chocolate lab Mason did the same thing last weekend :( I keep making sure to walk Louie on the grass when we can. I can't wait until he's old enough to really run with me :) Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I can't believe how big your niece is now! I remember you posting pictures of her as a baby! I bet it was bitter sweet going to visit them before their big move. But hopefully you can go visit them sometime!!

    My weekend was wonderful. I was home for the weekend, which was nice after being gone the last 2. I ran, did some yoga classes, grilled salmon for the first time (it turned out great!), and read on my patio for a couple of hours on Sunday. It was downright blissful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww poor Harley! Sounds like a great weekend! Ours was chill. We celebrated my husbands half birthday since his reg birthday is so close to Christmas haha. But it was good. And then we said goodbye to friends who are moving to San Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, that is the cutest! Did you wrap his paws up in your own socks? Was he having a hard time walking before you did that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww I hope Harley's paws feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...