Monday, July 16, 2012

{weekend recap}

Another weekend gone by in a flash....at least this means I am getting closer to my summer holidays! 


{friday} I left work early and made a few pit stops on my way home. It was worth the vacation hours taken to have some time to myself and to get some stuff done. Once I got home, I quickly changed and took Harley for a quick walk.  Shortly after that, I was out the door again to head to Nicole's for her surprise 30th party! There were lots of friends and family there and it was a half surprise for Nicole (someone ruined the surprise part!), but I think she had a great time. Happy birthday again Nicole!


{saturday} Mr.D was gone all weekend on a biking trip with friends, so it was just Harley and I. I went to a CrossFit class in the morning and then Harley and I went on a long walk. The rest of the day was spent cleaning around the house, lounging and reading books. I finished this book:


That Paula had recommended to me. The book definitely has some twists that I didn't see coming! I recommend it for a summer read. After I finished that one, I started another book called Forgotten. I can't remember who it's by, but it was a quick and easy read. Another great summer read. 


{sunday} The day started off with me setting off our house alarm at 7:30am! Good morning! I somehow forgot that I had set the alarm the night before, so when I went to let Harley out in the morning, it went off. Once the alarm stuff was taken care of, it was back to bed and we slept until 10am! It was delightful. Later in the morning, I headed to another CrossFit class for this killer workout:



I am pretty sure I bruised my forearms from all of those tire flips! I'm not sure if anyone was watching the CrossFit Games at all, but one of the coaches at my box was competing at the games in the masters division. She killed it and came in 14th!!  The rest of the day was spent walking Harley, doing chores and taking a nap. 

Tell me: how was your weekend?

9 comments :

  1. When are your holidays? What are you guys going? We are off July 27 - Aug 7 but sticking,close to home. It will be weird since the last 2 summers we have gone on road trips to the States, I am already missing it!
    Good weekend here - fairly quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprises are so hard to pull off! I've almost ruined one before because no one told me it was a surprise (I couldn't go) and I called and left a message saying "have fun at blah blah..." and then had to frantically call to get someone to erase the message.
    (which means I'm still extra impressed that we managed to pull off my sister's surprise bridal shower)

    I love a good sleep in - I need to find a day that I can sleep until 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the book! It definitely was a twisty one.

    Speaking of Crossfit, I did a workout on Friday that I am STILL sore from. It's not like it was that much harder than what I normally do. WTH? And our trainer said we're doing the filthy 50 today. I don't know if my poor chest can take that many push-ups yet. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that your coach competed!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sad that the party was no longer a surprise! :( I wish I was there! Your weekend sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and yay for our summer holiday!! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for coming to my party! I had a blast and was genuinely surprised to see you there!! Thank you so much for the amazing gift!! Very creative and I can't wait to use the spa gift card!! Also everyone raved about your cookies so good choice!!
    Sounds like you had a great weekend! Very relaxing with a few tough workouts in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surprise parties are great! Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun.
    It's nice when you have time to just sit around and catch up on reading. I love days like that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend with a good mix of relaxationn, reading, and working out! :)

    My weekend was great! It was nice being home after being gone 1.5 weeks. I had 3 get togethers with friends, ran 16 miles, and got some organization stuff done around my condo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...