Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Summer reads {part two}


A few weeks ago, I posted about some of the books that I've read so far this summer {find that post here}. Since I had lots of time to read while on the road trip, I somehow managed to plow through a few books. Here is what I read:

On the island by Tracey Garvis Graves
I saw this book on Meghann's book a few weeks ago and she mentioned that she couldn't put it down, so I decided to check it out. The book is about a teacher who takes a summer job tutoring a rich 16 year old boy   on a remote island. While on their way to the island, something goes terribly wrong and they find themselves on an island. I'm not really sure how I got so sucked into this book, but I really enjoyed it. 

Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand
This was another book that sucked me in and I couldn't put it down! It is about the night of a high school graduation and four high school kids are involved in an accident. After the accident, lives are changed and things come out about some of the kids that many people had no idea about. I definitely recommend this book.

At Last by Jill Shalvis
If you don't mind a little bit of a romance book, I would recommend it. It is about a woman who moves to a small town to get away from her problems in the big city and ends up finding herself falling in love when she least expected it. I personally love a good romantic book, so I quite enjoyed it. 

The Summer of Us by Holly Chamberlin
I picked this book up at Value Village in Kamloops when Alison and I went to find some new books. This was a great, easy summer read.  It is about three random women who all decide to do something different for the summer and end up renting a beach house. Although the three women are totally different people, they end up finding new friendships with each other. 

Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
This was another book that I picked up at Value Village on the recommendation of Alison. It is about four strangers that find themselves in a Greek restaurant when a sudden and unexpected tragedy strikes. The four strangers come from all different parts of the world and are in different parts of their lives, but find themselves bonding over this tragedy. I won't lie, I wasn't 100% into this book {sorry Alison!}.

Tell me: what books have you read recently? Anything good that you would recommend?

7 comments :

  1. I might grab some of these books! I am reading Rules of Civility right now, it is okay but I ma not that into it, so rather than reading it within a week like books I really like its going on 3 weeks. Before I read The Lucky One and loved it, I want to read more Nicholas Spark for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Secret Daughter and I really liked it. It was beautifully written - I couldn't tell if the tears that were running down my face for the last 50 pages or so were happy tears or sad tears. Just a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy....maybe not something I'd recommend to you at this point, haha. But I definitely would for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading The Book Thief last night and really enjoyed it! I am hoping to start Gone Girl soon as I've heard amazing things about that book too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. new Emily Giffin, where we belong, is amazing!! highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently reading Gone Girl, which has received rave reviews. And I love Elin Hinderbrand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have read alot lately! I read alot this month, too. One of the best was probably "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed. It's a true story of her trek on the Pacific Crest Trail. I didn't love the author, but her story was pretty fascinating. The best was "Bloom" but I think you have read that already!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...