Thursday, August 2, 2012

Things I will never understand

Happy Thursday everyone! It's a rainy and cold day here....yuck! I thought we were in August, not May mother nature?! The weekend is supposed to warm up, so fingers are crossed for that.


On my drive to work, I think about the most random things and a lot of time, those thoughts are about things people do that I will never understand.  Hopefully I am not the only one who feels this way about some of these things!


I will never understand...


... why grown men would put a pair of fake plastic balls on their hitch.


... or why grown men would put fake bullet marks on their vehicles. You are not fooling anyone into thinking you are that hard core!


.... why women workout or play sports with their hair down. How does it not drive them insane?!


.... why another driver pulls out in front of you in the fast lane barely going the speed limit and doesn't pick up their speed? If you are going to merge into another lane, please make sure you match that lanes speed.


... why people don't say thank you when you hold the door open for them or do something nice for a stranger. A little thanks goes a long way.


... why people are getting so upset with seeing the results from the Olympics on Twitter? Unless you personally know an athlete in the race, does it really matter?


... why women call other women they don't really know babe or hun. Makes me want to puke and then punch them.


... why people ask for more followers or for things to be retweeted on Twitter.  Just the fact that you asked means I will never do it.


.... why people put their dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is empty and ready for dirty dishes. {this applies to my work setting, not my home setting}


.... why people leave their grocery cart in the middle of the parking lot when the cart return is less than 5 feet away.


Tell me: what don't you understand that people do?

12 comments :

  1. OMG the balls on the cars/trucks is so dumb!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the hair down one! One of my running friends has shoulder length hair and ALWAYS runs with it down - even during our intense 25K trail race last year in the heat that took 4+ hours! I do not know how it doesn't drive her crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't understand truck nutz (is that the brand?) either...

    I will never understand the need to make some sort of lame comment or facebook status when you end up logged into someone's account because you are using their computer. (that was probably terribly worded...but i'm sure you know what i mean).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I agree with pretty much every single one of those.

    My biggest one though is how people can't ever seem to figure out an elevator. I can't stand people that ask if it's going up or down or what floor they're on. There's lights indicating all of that people!! Pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you on most of these! Those balls on the trucks are terrible. Do they actually think girls are impressed by them?
    I was thinking of the manners thing today when I was in Starbucks. I said thank you and have a great day to two people working there and neither even acknowledged me. That and when people push past you in a store – the word excuse me seems to never get used. It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Urg I totally agree! Especially the truck balls and bullet marks... see those ALL the time. And I totally agree about the door thing - whenever my husband opens the door for someone and they don't say thank you, he stares right at them and says your welcome.. that usually gets him some dirty looks haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't understand how it's possible to not have the Olympics results spoiled by twitter or the news or whatever. The results are EVERYWHERE.

    I don't understand how people live in areas of the country where it is hot/humid for like 6 months of the year. I just was not built for heat, I guess!

    I don't understand why people don't use their vacation time. I don't think anyone is THAT important that they can't use the time off their company gives them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm... I hate those truck balls. Ridiculous. And when someone says "thanks hun" it makes me want to punch them in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey hun (tee hee). I totally agree on pretty much all of these. I hate truck ball and bullet holes. So terrible. And the hair down, totally, you are working out not looking good! See ya Sunday babe (bahhahha).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's so annoying when people ask for more followers...like honestly? And I also hate those truck balls and bullet holes. John always leaves his dishes in the sink and doesn't put them in the dishwasher...but I think I'm partly to blame because for years I yelled at him to put his dishes in the sink and not on the counter is the dishwasher was running. So he finally started doing it, but now he does it all the time.

    I once left my cart in the middle of the parking lot. It was at shoppers and I had to park so far away and I had Henry and it started raining. I couldn't get Henry all wet and I couldn't just leave him in the car. So I left it by the lamp post (so no one would hit it unknowing). I still feel bad about it to this day. They need cart holders in the parking lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the hun and sweetie thing from total strangers!!! So annoying!!

    Actually I agree with all of these!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...