Wednesday, August 1, 2012

{what i'm loving}

Happy Wednesday everyone! Only my second day of work this week and only one more to go until my week is over! Woo hoo!




This week, I am loving:

  • the postcard that we got in the mail yesterday from my niece in NYC. Okay, so maybe she didn't write it, but it was cute of my SIL to write it like that. Thinking I might have to send her a monthly fun letter :)
  • that this time next week, I will be on vacation with some other crazy kids! **cough, looking at you Alison, cough **
  • that we are going to look at tiles on Friday. We are really hoping to redo all of the floors on the main floor of our house with tile. Right now we have a small section of carpet and linoleum, which aren't in great condition. Tile would be MUCH more durable with a large dog and future kids than hardwood in our minds.
  • that I am slowly but surely getting back into running. There were many weeks after my last half marathon that the last thing I wanted to do was run. Glad my motivation is slowly, but surely coming back 
  • and of course I always love these two faces:


Tell me: what are you loving this week?

7 comments :

  1. This week I'm loving the Olympics. I always love them - winter and summer. So fun to watch people get to live something they've been dreaming about for most of their life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 day week! How awesome!! YAY for our vacay!! Road trip!!! hoo hoo! Cant' wait! :) Can't wait to see the tile you choose, that will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you are counting down the work hours!! lol
    Can't wait to see what tile you pick. Did you consider laminate? We just put in hand scraped laminate so it is textured a bit and it works great dog wise and might work for kids as well I am sure. We got it at costco - worth a look if you like the look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are retiling our kitchen this weekend! We got a great deal on tile at Home Depot - $0.89 a square foot!!! Though of course with all the materials you need it is adding up to be quite the pricy project (don't they all?!) but I am looking forward to getting the gross lino out of our kitchen and then hopefully our upstairs bathroom as well!

    Yay to almost being vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun on vacay with Alison!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your vacation!!! Right now I am loving the time I am getting to spend with family, watching the olympics, and running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, tile would be way more durable than hardwood with a big dog!! Our hardwood has scratches on it and we don't have a dog. Some of it is from the cat (he only has back claws) and I've dropped a few dishes and things in the kitchen over the years!

    I still love hardwood though. Not sure what I will do in a future home. Tile can be so cold though. Hope you found something you like!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...