Monday, September 17, 2012

{weekend recap}

Oh hello Monday! So wasn't ready for you to come again already. I'm starting to count down the days until Thanksgiving, so I can have a long weekend! Anyone else with me?!

{friday} Even with all of the things going on at work right now, we decided to go ahead with our already planned BBQ. So glad we did because everyone was able to come together, eat some good food, have some drinks and enjoy the night. The weather was luckily on our side, so we were able to hang out on our balcony for the night. Mr.D came to join us, and we didn't end up getting home until after 9pm. Wild night for us!

{saturday} Even though we went to bed before 11pm, I somehow slept in until 10:30am!! I can't remember the last time that happened. After getting up, I laid around reading book for the rest of the morning. In the afternoon, we took Harley to get his nails cut and to get us some lunch. After getting back from that small outing, I laid down in bed and slept for 2.5 hours!! Apparently my body was demanding sleep and I had no problem giving in to it.

{sunday} In the morning, I did some cleaning up around the house and then headed to a CrossFit workout. After my workout, I came home and grabbed Harley to go for a run. I wasn't sure how he was going to do, but he stayed with me for the entire 8.4km run. After our run, I did some cleaning and baking. Perfect way to end a Sunday afternoon :)

And because I suck and took zero pictures this weekend, let's end the post with a random picture.


Tell me: how was your weekend?

9 comments :

  1. I am jealous of your nap! No matter how hard I try I cannot nap. Even when I am sick. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice laid back weekend!! That is great you got all that sleep in!! Sounds like you might need it with the upcoming weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your header! That's new right? Sounds like a GREAT weekend. Nice work on all the sleep! :) I'm not a great napper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all sounds great, sometimes our bodies are just tired and NEED the extra sleep, nothing wrong with that! I had a 1.5 hour nap yesterday as well! My weekend was so fantastic, one of the best ones in awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When did you start bringing Harley on runs? Not that I can run right now, but I really want to start running him. I took some naps too. Aren't they great sometimes? And does Harley let you guys sleep in that late?! Because Louie does not...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like you had a good relaxed laid back weekend. & wow I am impressed that Harley stayed with you for over 8 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cartoon of you guys! Also, I know I am probably late for the party, but great header! I love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your new header photo!

    I find that when I sleep in like that I end up needing even more sleep! It's definitely the body trying to catch up. Harley sounds like a great running partner!

    Hilarious cartoon picture! Where did you get that done?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! I got a lot of sleep, too, as I slept for over 11 hours on Friday night, which is just what my body needed after being SO sick for 2 weeks! I had a spectacular weekend! You can read all about it on my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...