Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Believe in yourself

Brace yourself, this might be a cheesy post.

Lately, I have been having terrible long runs and no confidence in myself at CrossFit. It's been a couple of those kinds of weeks where nothing was shaking that feeling. Then on Saturday, I had an OUTSTANDING long run. One of those runs that made me say finally and made me love running again. Last night I had a great workout at CrossFit that made me realize that I put myself down way too much and that I am strong and am getting stronger.

I need to stop putting myself down and believe that I can flip a tire, do multiple pull ups, run 15 kilometers, etc. Whatever it may be, I can and will do it!


























8 comments :

  1. I hear you. I go through phases of struggling and wondering if I can do this - particularly with running. Then I end up not doing anything for a bit.
    I'm glad you had a great run AND a great Crossfit!! There is absolutely no way you aren't getting stronger and better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love some of those quotes. I needed to hear those this morning. I am finally eating right, but ALWAYS still having to motivate myself to work out. After the workouts though, I'm SO much happier with myself. I hope I can eventually work up to some much longer runs, but for now, it's baby steps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a great run and awesome WOD. You ARE strong and incredible, look at all your races you have done!! Keep up to positive and look back at how far you have come! :) A looonnng way right?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely go through phases like this too. ESPECIALLY with yoga. My tight body feels like it's never going to improve in some poses and it can be really discouraging. I just try to keep reminding myself that I do what I can and that is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what Alison said, look how far you've come! I used to think of when I could barely run 1km, then anything looked great! We all have off days, or even weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! You have come so far- don't discount all that hard work and sweat! You can out run and out lift me any day!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so true!! running is a mindf*ck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that last one! It is really easy to give into negative self talk at times. I know I have certainly been guilty of it. But you are amazing and strong! Never forget that!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...